The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mackie Cracks The Digidesign Code!!!!
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Mackie Cracks The Digidesign Code!!!!

This might be very interesting for Mackie Users!

(old news! link deleted by GS admin)

Could this be possible?

Enjoy
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Avid allowed them to do this, and may have even encouraged or initiated it, but for whatever reason Avid has dragged its feet on an official announcement.
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

If someone really wanted to use M Powered, wouldn't they have bought an m-audio interface already? Can't see existing Mackie users getting too excited
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Avid few months back said they are not supporting it, only m-audio interfaces are supported with m-powered. Till it is not official, what if the next update kill the compatibility? We can never know.
TD
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Nut

I think with pcs getting so powerful now, the need for non-native systems will decrease significantly and digidesign are worried they might be losing some market share.
Old 16th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilander74 View Post
I think with pcs getting so powerful now, the need for non-native systems will decrease significantly and digidesign are worried they might be losing some market share.
Very plausible.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Especially if their RTAS-using customers start comparing performance to some of the other software based hosts on there on Win & Mac.

Personally I rather like having my audio interface decoupled somewhat from the maker of my DAW anyway.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear