The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tempo & pitch problems with PT LE 7.4
Old 15th November 2009
Here for the gear

Tempo & pitch problems with PT LE 7.4

Ack,

Anyone know of anything involving either Pro Tools LE 7.4 or an Apogee Rosetta 800 that could make one's tracks both SLOWER and a HALF-STEP LOWER? I just listened back to these rhythm tracks from yesterday, and was about to start overdubbing guitars; I'm puzzled, to say the least.

The problem is the same across the board for 5 different audio sessions; all sample and bit rates are the same, both 44.1 and 24, respectively, and things sounded fine yesterday when overdubbing bass to drums. Furthermore, nothing has been moved or replaced; everything's still patched, and the setup has basically gone totally untouched.

Anyone have any ideas???
Old 15th November 2009
This can happen if there is an external clock engaged at a higher sample rate when you track. If, for example, an external clock was accidentally set at 48kHz while you were tracking in a 44.1kHz session, and then you disengaged it, the tracks in the session would play back slower and at a lower pitch.

Just a possibility, you might want to check it out.
Old 16th November 2009
Here for the gear

yeah, that was my first thought, too, but i was pretty certain i didn't make that mistake.

good / freaky news: the problem was fixed, amazingly, with a pc restart. i have no idea why it happened, and i have less-than-no idea how a restart might've fixed it...i'm quite relieved, though--and thinking it might be time to start saving up for a new mac...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear