The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Profire 2626 on XP HELP!
Old 15th November 2009
Here for the gear

Profire 2626 on XP HELP!

Okay, so I have a macbook, and a PC running XP with SP2. The profire loads up and works beautifully on the macbook, but I can not for the life of me get it to work on my PC. Trying to open the m-audio software it just says "no device found" every time.

Yes I've:

-re-installed the driver (many times and it's the right one)
-restarted the comp and turned it on with the interface already hooked up and powered on (many many times)
-tried a new firewire card and every port
-tried different firewire cables
-hooked a firewire external drive up, and it worked just fine!

so.... microsoft? My install is fairly fresh (few weeks old) and It did actually work a couple times a few weeks ago when I had just gotten the unit, though it was being stubborn then too...
I have also noticed that I can not get a USB hub to recognize on this PC either, could that be any relation?

I'm a nerd, but I need a super nerd to help me with this one!
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Read my sticky on the m-audio forums for a work around to this.... I also posted it here on GS awhile ago. I don't know the chipset of that model, but my fix works for TI... I'm coming out with a via / agere fix soon. My user name is Blakegaston on M audios forums.
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

oh I thought u were using bootcamp.. My fix actually works on any pc, as long as the chipset is TI
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear