The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How do I turn off MIDI input quantize in Logic?
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

How do I turn off MIDI input quantize in Logic?

At least that's what I assume is going on... trying to record a slide down the piano keys to add to an existing region, and it's playing back in eighth note bursts. Can't find a button or anything. Don't see it in MIDI drop down...

Whatever it is, I must have done it accidentally.
Old 13th November 2009
Turn off Quantizing in the upper left parameter box in the Inspector, called MIDI Thru. Make sure you have not selected any regions when doing this.

Or turn off Quantizing on the recorded part afterwards. There is no destructive quantizing going on. Logic always remembers the original timing - until you manually move the notes.
Attached Thumbnails
How do I turn off MIDI input quantize in Logic?-billede-1.png  
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

Ahhh... thx.

That was first place I looked, but I neglected to notice inspector was showing for a different region. Still, tho... didn't realize that would input quantize... well, I guess it doesn't really since it's not doing so destructively. I guess that's why I couldn't find anything on for input quantize... because it wasn't... the region was quantized, so playing back that way.

Found your quick and easy de-ess with logic comp quite useful, btw...

Still doesn't really get the job done, but it's actually better than the other options I'd tried including voxengo and alloy. I may be expecting too much, tho...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear