The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
* Just bought an Echo Mia Midi sound card *
Old 13th November 2009
* Just bought an Echo Mia Midi sound card *

I just bought an Echo Mia Midi sound card. Now I plan to build a desktop computer from scratch based around this sound card. Does anyone have an Echo Mia Midi that they use with their desktops? If so, can you suggest a motherboard, processor and anything I else I need to buy so that it will be compatible with the Echo Mia Midi sound card? Also, I'm a newbie at building computers and have done it before. Is there anything that you can suggest before I get started?

thanks!
Old 14th November 2009
MIA cards

Win XP with Intel chipset on the motherboard. Put the MIA card(s) a couple of PCI slots away from the video card if no onboard VGA port.
At least a gig of RAM. Pentium 4 or better. Two hard drives, one for the system and a larger one for recording to, put the /temp file on the second drive, too.
Mount a large keyring onto one of the case screws; pass the cables thru the ring and velcro firmly in place before plugging into the card - so that any tugging on the cables is transferred to the ring rather than passed to the printed circuit board and results in cracks and open circuit. People will trip and computers get moved and the cables get stressed - they are way bigger than most cables going into the back of a PC, so there's a lot of sideways force.
Echo support are very nice people. The console now passes thru to the Windoze sound application so all 8 virtual outputs show up there. Turn Windoze Sounds OFF, it changes the default sample rate which will drive you nuts with chipmonks - you'll know it when it happens.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear