The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digi002 on Windows 7 Audio Interfaces
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Digi002 on Windows 7

Greetings,
The question is simple,
Will digi002 and PT8 work on Windows 7 normally? I'm about to purchase the Win 7.

Thanks
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanZoo View Post
Greetings,
The question is simple,
Will digi002 and PT8 work on Windows 7 normally? I'm about to purchase the Win 7.

Thanks

I haven't had any success yet but i did find a work around somewhere on google by searching "Digi 002 windows 7"

Gonna give it a try tonight and ill post back my results.

*update*

Cant find the workaround that i found the other night :(
Old 28th December 2009
Gear Head

I would appreciate any information regarding this process as well. I just built a new PC and bought Cubase 5, but I have not had any luck getting drivers to work on Windows 7 for the Digi002 sound card.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

tried, failed, went back to XP. I didn't try too hard though, once it was crashing certain plugs, and other apps didn't want to work, I said screw it. As always, it's best to wait until software companies adjust to the new operating system before getting an Upgrade. That is of course, if you value all your programs working instead of just wanting to look at a shiny new GUI.
Old 1st January 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangible View Post
tried, failed, went back to XP. I didn't try too hard though, once it was crashing certain plugs, and other apps didn't want to work, I said screw it. As always, it's best to wait until software companies adjust to the new operating system before getting an Upgrade. That is of course, if you value all your programs working instead of just wanting to look at a shiny new GUI.

Your reply was neither insightful or helpful. If I purchase a new computer and Cubase 5 which supports windows 7, why should I have to go back to XP? These companies such as Avid love to charge you to upgrade when they are ready to. If the platform which you work on ie. Windows does an update, your programming team better be damn ready with reliable drivers. It's not about looking at a shiny new GUI. I've been working on a SCSI computer with XP for the past how many years. It's the principle here. So if there is no way around getting my Digi001 to work. I will pay another company to get it done. It's 2010 and there is no more industry standards. Whoever gets the best work out of their set up is the industry standard. So get with the game Digi.
Old 1st January 2010
Gear Head

I've been using my digi 002 with the windows 7 release candidate for over 6 months, and it works just fine. Pro Tools occasionally bugs out a bit, but Digidesign recently released Pro Tools 8.0.3 (a free upgrade if you already have Pro Tools 8) which is supposed to be compatible with windows 7. They've also released new digi002 drivers specifically for windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

I did have to switch my firewire drivers to legacy in order to get the digi 002 recognized, but it's run pretty smoothly ever since.

That said, I also recently purchased windows 7 64 bit, and while Pro Tools itself operates fine on it, many of my plugins don't work or cause Pro Tools to crash. Amplitube 2 is particularly bad.
Old 3rd January 2010
Gear Maniac

does anyone know if the M-audio 2626 with protools M-powered will work on windows 7?
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by big crouton View Post
I've been using my digi 002 with the windows 7 release candidate for over 6 months, and it works just fine. Pro Tools occasionally bugs out a bit, but Digidesign recently released Pro Tools 8.0.3 (a free upgrade if you already have Pro Tools 8) which is supposed to be compatible with windows 7. They've also released new digi002 drivers specifically for windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

I did have to switch my firewire drivers to legacy in order to get the digi 002 recognized, but it's run pretty smoothly ever since.

That said, I also recently purchased windows 7 64 bit, and while Pro Tools itself operates fine on it, many of my plugins don't work or cause Pro Tools to crash. Amplitube 2 is particularly bad.
make sure you run PT with 'run as admin' turned on. i actually install PT and the plugins with 'run as admin' turned on also. no problems with plugins, especially the IK stuff, if you use this method.
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDECISIVE_2000 View Post
Your reply was neither insightful or helpful. If I purchase a new computer and Cubase 5 which supports windows 7, why should I have to go back to XP? These companies such as Avid love to charge you to upgrade when they are ready to. If the platform which you work on ie. Windows does an update, your programming team better be damn ready with reliable drivers. It's not about looking at a shiny new GUI. I've been working on a SCSI computer with XP for the past how many years. It's the principle here. So if there is no way around getting my Digi001 to work. I will pay another company to get it done. It's 2010 and there is no more industry standards. Whoever gets the best work out of their set up is the industry standard. So get with the game Digi.
how is it wrong to suggest that you should wait until the programs or hardware that you like to run are supported before upgrading to a new operating system? I'm sure many people weren't on life support before Windows 7 arrived, and were very capable of getting things done. Why use an operating system that doesn't support your software/hardware?

I agree, that software companies should do their best to make sure that their products are ready for upgrades, but there's nothing I or you can do about that. What is best is to stick with what you got till everything is in play so you can make the transition painlessly.

Unless of course, you are more concerned about having the new Windows than using your programs/hardware.
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

The worst part is that developers have had ample time for preparation...
First of all, Win 7 is very similar to Vista in many architectural aspects....
Also it has been around the block and tested out the wazoo by many many users in Beta and Release candidate forms...
Some people opt to not jump on a new OS until the bugs have been ironed out... to some thats a year or so,.... But windows 7 has essentially reached that point at launch due to the level of testing that took place throughout 2009
Windows 7 didn't take anyone by surprise, and since it is structurally similar to Vista, And also since the first readily available 64-bit CPU was in 2003 and the first readily available 64-bit OS was in 2005, What is the hold up?
The audio field (Especially with VST's) seems as if it would benefit from 64-bit support across the board more than any other field...
Gamers, Surfers, emailers... they don't need 64-bit support
Electronic musicians... video compilers, graphic designers, programmers... We are the people who benefit most from this technology....
If you ask me, the developers should be at the forefront of this movement...
Cakewalk has... Reaper is super inexpensive for all it gives you and it has... URS is... E-mu, RME... these are the ones I deal with on a daily basis, there are cleary more but definitely not enough to say that the situation is under control...
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

002 rack here with PT8 on XP pro.

Works better than PTHD on OSX, that I unfortunetly have to endure at work.

Seriously why bother with Win7 at this stage?
Old 3rd January 2010
Gear Maniac
Pro tools 7 will not work with windows 7. Pro tools 8 will. Digidesign just release 8.0.3 which has support for windows 7. You also may need to change your firewire drivers to legacy drivers.

There is a great thread about it here:
The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread - Page 3 - Digi User Conference
Old 4th February 2010
Gear Maniac

Windows 7 PRO is apparently ment to be able to run programs that run on XP that usualy wouldnt run on windows 7, does anyone know if this applys to PT8?
Old 5th February 2010
Gear Head

Hi everyone,
I don't post much, but I run PTLE 8.0.3 on a Windows 7 Pro (x64) machine....and it is GREAT!

1. Gone are the 'initilizing globals' and 'reading preferences' errors during PTLE startup that I endured with Vista.

2. Gone are the 'white screen' system lockups that require a hard restart and thus leading to restarting the program (see No. 1)

I most recently installed the 8.0.3 FULL INSTALLER with the beta asio drivers for Win7x64. This audio driver is multi-client by the way, so it works with my system sounds when PTLE is not in use (for what that's worth...)

All of my plugins that I have used from XP --> Vista work with this OS - but I did have to modify the default installation path for a few of them. Specifically the URS BLT/FULLTEC....but they DO work.

So, if you have a DIGI approved system and follow the installation instructions they provide very carefully, you could very, very possible end up with a fully-functional PTLE 8.0.3 DAW.

I also use the 002Rack (FW 400) and it is still going strong.

I'd be glad to answer any specific questions that I can for those that are having trouble or on the fence regarding taking the Windows 7 plunge.

GregJ
Old 5th February 2010
Lives for gear

yeah, the beta drivers seem to be working. I backed up my drive, formatted it and put on Windows 7 64-bit just to see if the beta drivers were up to par. Didn't go to far into Pro Tools, but I noticed that the ASIO drivers for the digi was running a little buggy in Samplitude (freezing it when I changed buffer settings), which is the main program that I use nowadays, so I just uninstalled it and restored by backup of WinXP on my computer.

So drivers should indeed work in Windows 7 now without too much hassle, but I'm going to wait until they release the official drivers and iron out all the kinks before I make the full transition.
Old 10th February 2010
Gear Maniac

does anyone know if it will work with WIndows 7 home?
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Addict

Anyone have issues with the hardware not syncing everytime you turn it on in Windows 7 x64? My digi 002 seems to work when it wants to (i.e. I often have to turn it on and off about 4-6 times before the fw 1394 light turns on). I have tried two clean installs with the same issue, and it works fine in XP and Vista. Any ideas?
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Maniac

Sounds more like the dreaded 'power harness' issue, I just got a used 002r and that seems to be a constant threat to our sanity.ust getting back into PT land, but a search will get ya going.
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwd View Post
Sounds more like the dreaded 'power harness' issue, I just got a used 002r and that seems to be a constant threat to our sanity.ust getting back into PT land, but a search will get ya going.
Even though its working in 32-bit environments?
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelead View Post
Even though its working in 32-bit environments?
My apologies, I was up late researching and overlooked that obvious point.I do not have much experience with the 64 bit side of windows.
Old 16th June 2010
Gear Addict

Just for a FYI for those that might google and find this thread, my problem was the firewire cable. I was moving things around and used a shorter cable and it suddenly worked. Of course, I was using a different cable when testing it out on 32-bit environments, so I should have known better.
Old 16th June 2010
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelead View Post
Just for a FYI for those that might google and find this thread, my problem was the firewire cable. I was moving things around and used a shorter cable and it suddenly worked. Of course, I was using a different cable when testing it out on 32-bit environments, so I should have known better.
That is not too surprising to me, actually. I have found that the quality of mass market Firewire cables, when used for connecting pro audio interfaces, can be more hit-and-miss than one would think.

If you get a bad cable, the computer may not recognize that the audio interface is hooked up at all. I had the same thing happen with my 002 and then all was well when I tried a different cable.
Old 16th June 2010
RiF
Lives for gear

Digi 002R on Windows 7/64 Bit here. Best combo ever, runs better than on XP Pro.
Old 13th November 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by big crouton View Post
Hey! Where can I get this 64-bit driver for the Digi002 that you mention?

Thanks!
Old 13th November 2011
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
Hey! Where can I get this 64-bit driver for the Digi002 that you mention?

Thanks!
On Avid's site, go to Driver Downloads and Updates for Pro Tools and Standalone. Further down the page, you'll find the "002 and 003 family drivers" that'll lead you to the download page for the 002 and 003 interfaces for Windows and Mac.
Old 13th November 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
On Avid's site, go to Driver Downloads and Updates for Pro Tools and Standalone. Further down the page, you'll find the "002 and 003 family drivers" that'll lead you to the download page for the 002 and 003 interfaces for Windows and Mac.
Thanks! Actually I'm using PT8.0.5, and I see that the 64-bit drivers were already included in the installation of my version (kind of surprised that Digi were that much on top of their game).

This is great if I update to PT9 or 10 though, thanks.

BTW - I understand PT8.0.5 is compatible on a 64bit OS, but does anyone know which versions of PT are actual 64-bit software?
Old 26th March 2012
Here for the gear

I am having issues with installing the drivers here is the issue im having Problems with installing drivers for the DigiDesign 002 mixing board - YouTube
Old 8th March 2013
Here for the gear

Help on standalone windows 7 64bit for 002r

Has anyone found or know if there were any "Stand Alone" driver support for the 002 rack for windows 7 64bit. I have a 002r rack set up, been using it on XP in the past but just put in a windows 7 system 64 bit. I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 64 bit, and a number of other programs under windows 7 64 bit.

I found a stand alone set (but didn't see if it was 64 bit)... I installed them and when I go choose audio device I see something like Null Wave Manager and no sound card..

I'd love to get a couple of more years out of the 002r if possible. I no longer have protools loaded in the new computer and my last version was 7.4 on my xp computer.

I see new versions of PT what have drivers imbedded but I really need "Standalone" drivers like they had for XP a couple of years ago..

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 8th March 2013
Here for the gear

I would appreciate any information regarding this process as well.
Old 8th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post
Has anyone found or know if there were any "Stand Alone" driver support for the 002 rack for windows 7 64bit. I have a 002r rack set up, been using it on XP in the past but just put in a windows 7 system 64 bit. I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 64 bit, and a number of other programs under windows 7 64 bit.

I found a stand alone set (but didn't see if it was 64 bit)... I installed them and when I go choose audio device I see something like Null Wave Manager and no sound card..

I'd love to get a couple of more years out of the 002r if possible. I no longer have protools loaded in the new computer and my last version was 7.4 on my xp computer.

I see new versions of PT what have drivers imbedded but I really need "Standalone" drivers like they had for XP a couple of years ago..

Any help would be appreciated...
Hardware drivers are separate from PT now, go here:</title> <script src="/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript?rel=1362690107000" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="/pkb/jslibrary/1360895802000/sfdc/JiffyStubs.js"></script><script src="/pkb/static/101812/js/functions.js

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search