The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
punk-ish drum loops library?
Old 12th November 2009
punk-ish drum loops library?

I've been having a blast w/ the martin atkins beat fetish from cakewalk - does anyone know of any other libraries with this vibe/feel? it's great for doing demo's and futzing around getting my old school joy division on...

I've got superior drummer 2.0 - and there's just no way (for me at least) to get this feel from programmed drums.

any tips to like products would be appreciated.

thanks.

Beat Fetish
Old 12th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvetstudios View Post
getting my old school joy division on...
That was my generation. I played with Julian Cope, The Waterboys and World Party.
Many of the drum sounds of that era were quite dry, perhaps with reverb added rather than a bombastic room.
I don't usually directly recommend my own product but (as you are an S2 owner) it seems appropriate:
http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=56

The drums are drier and darker than most sample libraries.
I did the midi.
Old 12th November 2009
DOH!

I almost bought that one - I got the Nashville kit instead cause it has the "fingers" samples which are nice for variation.

I'll check it out for sure - I'm really hoping to find recorded loops - but I'm open to anything that works. I'm really wanting a raw joy division kinda sound.
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear
what quality you looking for? betamonkey has some great grooves
with mediocre sounds. Good for writing not good enough for production
though
Old 13th November 2009
cool. thanks.

anyone else?
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Check out Drumcore.
Old 24th May 2020
Here for the gear

found out just yesterday that Martin Atkins had this library out (CAKEWALK BEAT FETISH VOL.1)
i am so very late and it seems impossible to find now, i just checked EVERYWHERE.

DOES ANYBODY AROUND HERE HAVE THIS PACKAGE and WANT TO SELL IT ?

thank you everybody
Old 24th May 2020
Gear Head

Did you check out Street Punk Essentials by Ugritone? Not sure if this library sounds "Joy Division" enough, but it is not all that expensive and might be worth giving a shot. Ugritone is an interesting company overall. I have their 1989 Reverb and so far I have not found anything better for "period-correct" gated reverbs, among other things.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear