The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A/D Converter Upgrade PT LE
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

A/D Converter Upgrade PT LE

Hi,

I've been thinking about upgrading my A/D Converter for a while now. I'm currently using a 003 running PT LE. I don't want to upgrade to PT HD because I don't really feel the need and it seems like a waste of money to me (I'm not a plugin kind of guy). I record mostly indie rock. Ideally I'd want to record to tape, but I don't have the money or space in my studio for a tape machine.

I'm looking for suggestions for a better quality A/D converter. I'd appreciate it if you could comment on the sound quality improvement that you noticed when you upgraded.

I also sometimes wish I could track drums with 10 channels instead of 8. Are there any high quality converters out there that do more than 8 channels for PT LE?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

apogee rosetta 800. It's awesome. 8 more channels of high quality I/O.
Old 12th November 2009
i'd also suggest the rosetta.
i bought the UA2192, 2 track AD/DA which sounds fantastic but sometimes 2 channels isn't enough. good luck, jeremy
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear