The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DAE Problem. Do you have a solution?
Old 12th November 2009
Gear Maniac

DAE Problem. Do you have a solution?

when I want to open one of my sessions on PT from my external HD. It opens fine but when i got to play it, it says DAE eror was encountered but if i have a session on the desktop that i open up. its fine. When i open up logic, DAE: No Audio Hardware found but it still lets me play my session. Does this mean that logic and PT do not see my A/D/A converter or anything 2 do with that. Im a bit confused
Old 12th November 2009
Don't know about confused, but you don't know how to post a question succinctly, that's for sure!

Missing some very basic info here.

PC/Mac? OS?

HD/LE/M-Powered?

What sort of drives are you using?

How exactly does logic "play" your session - from the mac's built in hardware? do you hear anything?

Giving more detail generally helps you get a better answer.

PT never "sees" an ADA converter, it "sees" a PT interface (which may have it's own converters, or which may interface with an external converter).
Old 12th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Don't know about confused, but you don't know how to post a question succinctly, that's for sure!

Missing some very basic info here.

PC/Mac? OS?

HD/LE/M-Powered?

What sort of drives are you using?

How exactly does logic "play" your session - from the mac's built in hardware? do you hear anything?

Giving more detail generally helps you get a better answer.

PT never "sees" an ADA converter, it "sees" a PT interface (which may have it's own converters, or which may interface with an external converter).
Mac Os 10.5.8
M-Powered
Western digital hd
Logic plays the session from the macs built in hardware and i do hear everything that is in the session when i play it back
Old 12th November 2009
M powered what? 7.4.2, 8?

What interface?

Western digital...I meant internal, USB or FW? It doesn't really matter what make the drive is, only how it's connected and what chipset.

Logic isn't using your PT interface at all. In fact, I'd wager the "actual" error message is something along the lines of "the previously selected hardware can not be found, the built in audio device will be used for this session" - can't remember the exact wording.

have you tried the obvious, like trying a different connection cable to the interface, checking it can be seen in system profiler and/or audiomidi setup (if not there's a hardware problem, either with the cable or with the interface itself), re-installing the coreaudio driver for the interface, reinstalling PT? tried recording onto a different drive in PT?

All basic troubleshooting to narrow down where the problem actually lies.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear