The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UA Plugins , possibly native ? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 16th November 2009
  #121
Lives for gear
 
XAXAU's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
I like the UAD "Club" I'm in currently, if they go native I'll be joining the "Hardware" club and I'll dump all things plugin. There's a certain satisfaction knowing that only serious people who ponied up the investment/money get to talk good/bad about the products they use on the net.
We had a little argument a while back, but lately I´m liking you more and more

This is true, and us UAAD users are making sure more new GREAT plugins are coming in the future.

I have access to just about any plugin out there and I´ve tried them all (cracked ones) and there are only a few of them that can almost match UAD´s greatness. I love to contribute to UA, and I´m more than convinced that a lot of other users do as well. The plugins are ****ing great.

I gave away my UAD-1´s to friends so that they could get a glimpse of the magic and get hooked, and when they do, they´ll push more cash into UA and contribute to better plugins for me
So right now I´m really having a lookaround again for quality plugins that does what my UAD ones do, and not much luck there....

Takes the waves api compressor for instance (or any waves plugin), it clips the **** out of the sound no matter how I gainstage it. I love parallel compression so I´m trying to hit it with 50dB´s of GR but no sir, crack crack it goes...

I´m spoiled with UAD plugins cause there I can (mis)handle them any way I like. They always deliver a shine that very few others can do.

Some people seem to think that UAD is a cult, and I agree, we love great sound and are prepared to pay for it. People who whine about prices are just bitter cause they are not good producers and can´t make money off of it. Right, Kreeper?dfegadon them...

Cheers...
Old 16th November 2009
  #122
Lives for gear
 
Ca$h Marty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
In my experience the type of people who use cracked software are never the type who would ever consider buying software anyway , so i would never view somebody who uses cracked software as a potensial customer , they'd either use the cracked stuff because its free to them or do without , you'd never get a penny out of those type of folk.
Completely agree! A lot of people pirate/music/movies simply because it is available. I think the software companies really overrate how much money they are "losing" via piracy. At which point they alienate paying customers with overkill DRM/anti-piracy methods.
Old 16th November 2009
  #123
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$h Marty View Post
Completely agree! A lot of people pirate/music/movies simply because it is available. I think the software companies really overrate how much money they are "losing" via piracy. At which point they alienate paying customers with overkill DRM/anti-piracy methods.
In markets of taste, rational business decisions are subtle. It's not clear that selling into the mass market is as sustainable as creating an artificial scarcity or exclusivity. Ferrari might make more money this year if they start selling a $20K car...but next year?
Old 16th November 2009
  #124
Lives for gear
 
PlayRadioPlay's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAXAU View Post
We had a little argument a while back, but lately I´m liking you more and more

This is true, and us UAAD users are making sure more new GREAT plugins are coming in the future.

I have access to just about any plugin out there and I´ve tried them all (cracked ones) and there are only a few of them that can almost match UAD´s greatness. I love to contribute to UA, and I´m more than convinced that a lot of other users do as well. The plugins are ****ing great.

I gave away my UAD-1´s to friends so that they could get a glimpse of the magic and get hooked, and when they do, they´ll push more cash into UA and contribute to better plugins for me
So right now I´m really having a lookaround again for quality plugins that does what my UAD ones do, and not much luck there....

Takes the waves api compressor for instance (or any waves plugin), it clips the **** out of the sound no matter how I gainstage it. I love parallel compression so I´m trying to hit it with 50dB´s of GR but no sir, crack crack it goes...

I´m spoiled with UAD plugins cause there I can (mis)handle them any way I like. They always deliver a shine that very few others can do.

Some people seem to think that UAD is a cult, and I agree, we love great sound and are prepared to pay for it. People who whine about prices are just bitter cause they are not good producers and can´t make money off of it. Right, Kreeper?dfegadon them...

Cheers...
UA would make even MORE money to develop more great plugins for you if they went Native, since their sales would go up significantly. Also, if they sold Native versions of their plugins for more money than the same plugins cost for owners of their DSP cards, their profit margin would rise. Personally, I would be willing to pay 10-20% more than card owners if it meant I didn't have to buy a card.

So, I'm having a hard time understanding why you want to be in this "exclusive UAD club" yet you want UAD to have as much money as possible to develop plugins, because those two positions seem contradictory to me.

Also, the last sentence in your post reeks of the ******-baggery that makes me disgusted by some of the members here on Gear Slutz that chat it up about how many "hits" they have, and other bull ****, as if they deserve to be lauded. Rest assured, I will continue to hire people that are nothing like you. Get over your fat self.
Old 16th November 2009
  #125
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

DSP plugs can be cracked. All the Oxford plugs were kracked on the Powercore.
Old 16th November 2009
  #126
Lives for gear
 
carllock's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
More importantly, has anybody received their 25 bucks yet for taking the survey?

Thats where to me the bullsh*t comes in, you have to use the coupon by December 1st. To me that is a sucker move because what if you want to get your kids a new Wii and want to wait after the holidays?

Old 16th November 2009
  #127
Lives for gear
 
kreeper_6's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAXAU View Post
We had a little argument a while back, but lately I´m liking you more and more
Old 16th November 2009
  #128
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carllock View Post
Thats where to me the bullsh*t comes in, you have to use the coupon by December 1st. To me that is a sucker move because what if you want to get your kids a new Wii and want to wait after the holidays?

The coupon doesn't expire until Dec 31
Old 16th November 2009
  #129
Lives for gear
 

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...ays-promo.html

seems like TC is going native
Old 16th November 2009
  #130
Lives for gear
 
Taurean's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carllock View Post
Thats where to me the bullsh*t comes in, you have to use the coupon by December 1st. To me that is a sucker move because what if you want to get your kids a new Wii and want to wait after the holidays?

Perhaps Wii is offering a survey of sorts?? j/k
Old 16th November 2009
  #131
Moderator
 
matt thomas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllubi View Post
they had a native suite ages before they had DSP, but they dropped it (from memory)

matt
Old 16th November 2009
  #132
Lives for gear
 
zvenx's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydan View Post
I always find these arguments rather strange. The reason I pay for software is to get support, to hopefully make sure the company hangs around to produce more great software for me to buy, and, quite importantly, because it's "the right thing to do". Now, I frankly don't care if someone else is using the same software I use without paying (at least as long as it doesn't make the manufacturer loose too much sales, but that's really another point). If I buy the software, and then someone else uses it for free, how does this affect me? Is my version suddenly not as good because of that? No, not here at least. ...................

Seriously, sorry, but I don't get it...
+1.
rsp
Old 17th November 2009
  #133
Lives for gear
 
XAXAU's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayRadioPlay View Post
UA would make even MORE money to develop more great plugins for you if they went Native, since their sales would go up significantly. Also, if they sold Native versions of their plugins for more money than the same plugins cost for owners of their DSP cards, their profit margin would rise. Personally, I would be willing to pay 10-20% more than card owners if it meant I didn't have to buy a card.

So, I'm having a hard time understanding why you want to be in this "exclusive UAD club" yet you want UAD to have as much money as possible to develop plugins, because those two positions seem contradictory to me.

Also, the last sentence in your post reeks of the ******-baggery that makes me disgusted by some of the members here on Gear Slutz that chat it up about how many "hits" they have, and other bull ****, as if they deserve to be lauded. Rest assured, I will continue to hire people that are nothing like you. Get over your fat self.
See I don´t believe that, and neither does UA.

And relax, that last sentence was just a little bit of sarcasm.
Old 17th November 2009
  #134
Lives for gear
 
Firechild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrt View Post
The reason they are interested in moving native is obviously because their sales is not very well. And this rumor would totally kill their holiday sales until they officially deny the rumor. If they do not, I'm sure we will see native UAD in 2010.

Their management must had been unconscious doing the survey right before the holiday season.

I'm not really sure if it' a good idea to take a risk to moving into iLok bandwagon, since I believe iLok would be cracked sooner or later. If UAD is cracked, UAD will have to move forward to the other nasty marketing direction such as WUP to keep the money flow. It will be a disaster for everyone, including UAD, users and their partners. If I were their stock holder, I would sell their stock as soon as they release the native. Simply too risky.
Yup, too risky.
Old 17th November 2009
  #135
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
A lot of people pirate/music/movies simply because it is available. I think the software companies really overrate how much money they are "losing" via piracy.
except with UAD, UA clearly could say "we are losing nothing via piracy because our system is still uncracked and that also why (with our quality algo too) EMT, NEVE, MANLEY, TRIDENT, EL,... are doing partnership with us"

with a pirated UAD system, no neve, no manley, no trident, no fatso, ...

nothing to add for the moment

Old 17th November 2009
  #136
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrt View Post
If UAD is cracked, UAD will have to move forward to the other nasty marketing direction such as WUP to keep the money flow. It will be a disaster for everyone, including UAD, users and their partners. If I were their stock holder, I would sell their stock as soon as they release the native. Simply too risky.
Nonsense , like ive said in ealier threads people who use cracked software aint the type who will pay $200 plus for a plugin , i really do think its wrong to class it as lost revenue as they'ed of never got a dime out of these people to begin with.
Old 17th November 2009
  #137
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Nonsense , like ive said in ealier threads people who use cracked software aint the type who will pay $200 plus for a plugin , i really do think its wrong to class it as lost revenue as they'ed of never got a dime out of these people to begin with.
the world is not all black or all white but grey ...
Old 17th November 2009
  #138
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Nonsense , like ive said in ealier threads people who use cracked software aint the type who will pay $200 plus for a plugin , i really do think its wrong to class it as lost revenue as they'ed of never got a dime out of these people to begin with.
How do you know this?
Old 17th November 2009
  #139
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
How do you know this?
Because i know at least 4 musicians in my home town who have been making music on their PC's with warez for the last 10 years and non of them have spent 1 dime on software , their still trying to get over the idea of paying for something that you can't physically touch.

These 4 musicians intruduced me into producing music and they couldn't believe it when i bought a DAW and then started buying expensive plugins.

I know these 4 musicians and if they can't have it for nothing then they won't have it at all.

Actually in hindsight their probably in a better position because they don't worry about null tests the latest compressors or weather the latest plugin really sounds like tape , they just avoid forums all together and spend their time being creative making some very nice music.
Old 17th November 2009
  #140
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAXAU View Post
Takes the waves api compressor for instance (or any waves plugin), it clips the **** out of the sound no matter how I gainstage it. I love parallel compression so I´m trying to hit it with 50dB´s of GR but no sir, crack crack it goes....
It's ok to be a happy UAD fanboy but this is nonsense and total user error. What compressor, either hardware or software, can you even measure -50db of Gain reduction? There's no metering for it. Plus u cant even hit a hardware comp w/ that much gain reduction and expect good results. It will break up just like the waves plugs.
Old 17th November 2009
  #141
Gear Addict
 

no need 6 billions people on earth, 4 friends of you make the world how it is ...

... and it is all in black or all in white.

sorry (also for my natural cynism) but i can't agree with your false statement cane creek
Old 17th November 2009
  #142
Lives for gear
 
XAXAU's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Nonsense , like ive said in ealier threads people who use cracked software aint the type who will pay $200 plus for a plugin , i really do think its wrong to class it as lost revenue as they'ed of never got a dime out of these people to begin with.
I myself and a lot of famous producers I know are doing just that, supporting UA while using cracked plugins. It´s like, if they´re so stupid to push native and get cracked, then it´s their own fault for not making money. I´m not proud of it, but that´s just the way it goes down in the real world.

So you have no argument.
Old 17th November 2009
  #143
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by choukette View Post
no need 6 billions people on earth, 4 friends of you make the world how it is ...

... and it is all in black or all in white.

sorry (also for my natural cynism) but i can't agree with your false statement cane creek
Where i live nobody i'm aware of produces music on computers apart from me and these other 4 guys , so yes i'm only making assumptions on these 4 , However it must be said these 4 guys have really nice cars and i drive a old heap .. so if your not spending money on one thing your spending it on the other lol....
Old 17th November 2009
  #144
Lives for gear
 
XAXAU's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by konkaos View Post
It's ok to be a happy UAD fanboy but this is nonsense and total user error. What compressor, either hardware or software, can you even measure -50db of Gain reduction? There's no metering for it. Plus u cant even hit a hardware comp w/ that much gain reduction and expect good results. It will break up just like the waves plugs.
I don´t hit it with 50dB´s I was just making a point. With the UAD comps I can come in as hot as I please. Have you tried doing parallel compression with the api? It comes out clipped. You might like that but I don´t.
Old 17th November 2009
  #145
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAXAU View Post
I myself and a lot of famous producers I know are doing just that, supporting UA while using cracked plugins. It´s like, if they´re so stupid to push native and get cracked, then it´s their own fault for not making money. I´m not proud of it, but that´s just the way it goes down in the real world.

So you have no argument.
Wow...

You just raised the bar for making the dumbest post of the year... Congrats
Old 17th November 2009
  #146
Gear Addict
 
rydan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAXAU View Post
Yes, the cards are dongles, but without them they wouldn´t get paid for plugins, and when that happens they can´t afford to produce any new awesome emulations, and when they can´t do that, I´m out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAXAU View Post
I myself and a lot of famous producers I know are doing just that, supporting UA while using cracked plugins. It´s like, if they´re so stupid to push native and get cracked, then it´s their own fault for not making money.
No. It's your fault. fuuck

If you ever get robbed or shot, then it's your own fault for not being able to protect yourself, or?

By the way, why aren't you standing on the barricades screaming that UA SHOULD go native. That way, you could let others pay for your UAD plugins as well. Good for you!

The way I see it, you've basically just disqualified yourself from this discussion (and possibly from this forum).
Old 17th November 2009
  #147
Lives for gear
 
XAXAU's Avatar
 

You guys crack me up
Old 17th November 2009
  #148
Registered User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Why don't you ask Avid why they pissed off UA so much that they stopped selling TDM plugins?
Then tell us all about because I have know idea what your talking about.
All I know is that I spend a few hundred dollars on UAD TDM plug-ins and they are useless.
Old 17th November 2009
  #149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Where i live nobody i'm aware of produces music on computers apart from me and these other 4 guys , so yes i'm only making assumptions on these 4 , However it must be said these 4 guys have really nice cars and i drive a old heap .. so if your not spending money on one thing your spending it on the other lol....
you're in 'borough and you think there's only 5 people making music?!

You can post in forums and make music btw - nothing like a GS rant as a 5min earbreak!
Old 17th November 2009
  #150
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
you're in 'borough and you think there's only 5 people making music?!
No i dont think only 5 people make music in boro im sure theres hundreds more , However i personally only know 4 who do.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
theskids / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
Joram / So much gear, so little time
2
jimmydeluxe / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
12
Mixocalypse / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
cww2 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
7

Forum Jump
Forum Jump