The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai S6000 - Fatal Exception Divide Error - PLEASE HELP!!
Old 10th November 2009
Here for the gear

Akai S6000 - Fatal Exception Divide Error - PLEASE HELP!!

Hi everyone,

I'm getting the below error on my Akai S6000 when trying to play a midi file. As far as I'm aware everything has been set correctly. If I try another midi file from another song I've put together it works without a hitch. All the samples play fine by themselves but when trying to trigger them using the midi file play or setlist player I get this error. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Fatal Exception

Divide Error

ID:0
EIP:000151515F
CS:0048
DS:0058
ES:0058
FS:0058
EAX:00010A18
EBX:0003CF2A
ECX:000030A
EDX:00030000
ESI:0003E434
EDI:00090834
EBP:00060016
ESP:00090834

I've rebooted a million times and this doesn't fix it. I'm amazed there isn't any information about this on the internet. I would have thought this would have been experienced by many people before.

Thanks

Hills
Old 10th November 2009
Deleted User
Plenty of info available

Fatal Exception Divide Error - Yahoo! Search Results

Sounds like your MIDI file is hosed up.

How to fix a fatal exception error.

Whats the source of the MIDI file?? Floppy, CD Rom, internet download etc

Im assuming you have the latest OS loaded in it??
S6000
Old 10th November 2009
Here for the gear

midi

Thanks for your feedback. Those websites are a bit over my head to be honest but yeah I reckon you're probably right about the midi file as I can't see anything different between these files and the other "working" song files. And I'm exporting the midi file from ProTools in exactly the same way as I did before.

The only things I can think that I've done differently is that I used the pen tool when creating this failing midi track where I used a midi keyboard on the working track. I also changed all the velocity values to 127 on the failing track.

Do you think that these things could cause the problem?

I'll check my OS version later but from memory I think it's 2.10 so I'll try updating that later.

Many thanks

Hills
Old 10th November 2009
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLS View Post
The only things I can think that I've done differently is that I used the pen tool when creating this failing midi track where I used a midi keyboard on the working track. I also changed all the velocity values to 127 on the failing track.

Do you think that these things could cause the problem?
Very possible

I'll check my OS version later but from memory I think it's 2.10 so I'll try updating that later.

Many thanks

Hills
I sent an e-mail to AKAI's tech support with your error in it. Ill post the response when I get something back

They of course have NOTHING on the site that you can reference to find your error

You could try Re-Naming the file and see what happens.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear