The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase 5 Stereo out Group channel
Old 9th November 2009
  #1
Gear Addict
 
Dbas's Avatar
Cubase 5 Stereo out Group channel

Is it possible to create a group channel for the main stereo out? as i cant pick any send channels on it.
the reason being, id like to have more control over blending different processes over a whole mix, ta.
Old 9th November 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 

why dont you create a master group where you send all your tracks/fx/groups to and then send that one to the master?

see what i mean?
Old 10th November 2009
  #3
Gear Addict
 
Dbas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasprouch View Post
why dont you create a master group where you send all your tracks/fx/groups to and then send that one to the master?

see what i mean?
Yes, I need to spend more time with cubase, how do you create master group and send all tracks to it?
Old 10th November 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 

1) Create a group channel, then call it "master group" or something.
2) Assign the "outs" of each channel to this group (instead of to BUS 1).
Old 10th November 2009
  #5
Gear Addict
 
Leon EA's Avatar
 

It's all in the manual that comes with the package you bought.
Old 10th November 2009
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
1) Create a group channel, then call it "master group" or something.
2) Assign the "outs" of each channel to this group (instead of to BUS 1).
^^^ exactly. instead of using the default stereo out as the master you route everything to, create a group which you send everything to instead.. then route that group to the default stereo out.

on the group you created you can blend, send, whatever you fancy.
Old 11th November 2009
  #7
Lives for gear
 
duvalle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon EA View Post
It's all in the manual that comes with the package you bought.
heh that's what i thought.
why not enter your steinberg key in your cubase forum profile and ask over there?
Old 11th November 2009
  #8
Engagement Manager
 
Sniperschool's Avatar
much as i agree with/condone being abusive to people that may not have paid for cubase lets not assume that because someone asks a simple question that they don't have a manual and therefore are pirates!

i have been legit for over 12 years and i am still waiting for answers to a VST5 question i asked in 1999

heh
Old 11th November 2009
  #9
Gear Addict
 
Dbas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
1) Create a group channel, then call it "master group" or something.
2) Assign the "outs" of each channel to this group (instead of to BUS 1).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasprouch View Post
^^^ exactly. instead of using the default stereo out as the master you route everything to, create a group which you send everything to instead.. then route that group to the default stereo out.

on the group you created you can blend, send, whatever you fancy.
Thanks guy got it in the end. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalle View Post
heh that's what i thought.
why not enter your steinberg key in your cubase forum profile and ask over there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon EA View Post
It's all in the manual that comes with the package you bought.
I did but it just started to confuse me so i thought I'd come here and get a quick answer, btw if you need anything referenced from the manual let me know.fuuck
Old 12th November 2009
  #10
Gear Addict
 
7thangelz's Avatar
 

i got to try cubase 5 at a project studio a couple of times (i doubt it will be there for long if the engineer who installed it gets fired) and i'm thinking of making the plunge even more but i have a question about groups and fx channels. can you save group/fx channel multi track presets or is that only possible with the various tracks (hence the name 'track presets')?

how many print the mix in cubase instead of having the audio mixdown import it back in after?
Old 12th November 2009
  #11
Lives for gear
 
DeadPoet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thangelz View Post
i got to try cubase 5 at a project studio a couple of times (i doubt it will be there for long if the engineer who installed it gets fired) and i'm thinking of making the plunge even more but i have a question about groups and fx channels. can you save group/fx channel multi track presets or is that only possible with the various tracks (hence the name 'track presets')?
Track presets only work on audio tracks unfortunately (I ask for group/bus/FX presets whenever I can - now being a good moment )

In the mixer you can right-click a channel and 'Save selected channels'. That system kind of sucks because i/o settings are not saved and you can't mix different types of channels (eg. mono/stereo).


Quote:
how many print the mix in cubase instead of having the audio mixdown import it back in after?
Makes no difference (like the bounce to disk protools thing/myth). FWIW: when doing sketches or writing (or doing other ITB stuff) I do audio mixdown. In general I mix on a desk so printing it is.




Herwig
Old 13th November 2009
  #12
Gear Addict
 
7thangelz's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
Track presets only work on audio tracks unfortunately (I ask for group/bus/FX presets whenever I can - now being a good moment )

In the mixer you can right-click a channel and 'Save selected channels'. That system kind of sucks because i/o settings are not saved and you can't mix different types of channels (eg. mono/stereo).


Makes no difference (like the bounce to disk protools thing/myth). FWIW: when doing sketches or writing (or doing other ITB stuff) I do audio mixdown. In general I mix on a desk so printing it is.




Herwig
thanks for the info. i'm hoping to move up to cubase 5 in the future and i'm hoping they'll expand to 'channel' preset creation eventually. it would be cool to be able to create multiple group channel 'console' presets and change them on the fly
Old 17th November 2009
  #13
Lives for gear
 
JSilver's Avatar
 

Hello,

would it be possible to assign several tracks at once to on group? kind of Studio One feature? or just to transform the master to one group without re-assigning all the tracks? I've been looking for this for a while but I think is a vain research.

thanks
Old 17th November 2009
  #14
Lives for gear
 
statikcat's Avatar
Open the mixer. Select all the tracks you want to (re)assign to a group. Hold shift and change one output and all selected tracks will do the same.

You can select multiple tracks by selecting one track holding shift and selecting the last track in a range. Or you can hold ctrl/apple and click individual tracks. This is best done in the mixer (F3).
Old 18th November 2009
  #15
Lives for gear
 
JSilver's Avatar
 

Super... exactly what I was looking for.

thanks statikcat
Old 2nd March 2010
  #16
Gear Addict
 
always_ending's Avatar
 

Cubase 5 Busing option avaliable?

I have Cubase 5 and am trying to buss down 2 audio tracks (ie. guitar tracks 1 & 2) down to 1 stereo track and am having trouble figuring out the routing of this process, or if it's even available? Can anyone help on this?
Old 3rd March 2010
  #17
Lives for gear
 
DeadPoet's Avatar
Research the concept of group tracks.



Herwig
πŸ“ Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear