The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
fish fillets au plugs not showing up in logic
Old 9th November 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 

fish fillets au plugs not showing up in logic

I dropped the component in the au plugs folder. Is this a compat issue?

Running intel octo mac with 10.57, logic 9.0

Anyone got this running on similar? I need the de-esser badly. Having no luck with others.
Old 9th November 2009
  #2
they do not work on intel macs, and never will. sorry.

de-essers on par with spitfish are Paul Frindle's DSM, Eiosis' E2 Deesser and Massey's Deesser (but the latter is Pro Tools only).
Old 18th March 2010
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
jditmer0's Avatar
I'm am having the same problem too! How can you say that spitfish will never work on a mac when they offer a mac version to download? They even say it has been tested on logic 7+. I am running logic as well. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 18th March 2010
  #4
Jam
Lives for gear
 
Jam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jditmer0 View Post
I'm am having the same problem too! How can you say that spitfish will never work on a mac when they offer a mac version to download? They even say it has been tested on logic 7+. I am running logic as well. Any help would be appreciated!
What Terminal3 says above tallies with my understanding, there are no plans to release the Fish Fillets as Universal Binaries, hence they don't and won't work on Intel chipped macs.

James
Old 18th March 2010
  #5
Lives for gear
 

These plugins were last updated 5 years ago. Unless you are running an antique computer you will not be able to use them...
Old 18th March 2010
  #6
Exactly.. if you have an old G4/G5 machine then you can run the fishphones plugins to your heart's content. Otherwise, look elsewhere.
Old 18th March 2010
  #7
TNM
Lives for gear
To the OP, what other deessers are you having no luck with? There are many deessers available that are vastly superior to spitfish...

these are old and outdated plugins (never was crazy about them to begin with)

The eisosis deeser makes the spitfish seem like a play school toy, for example (in versatility AND quality of results)
Old 18th March 2010
  #8
Lives for gear
 
MERC476's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
To the OP, what other deessers are you having no luck with? There are many deessers available that are vastly superior to spitfish...

these are old and outdated plugins (never was crazy about them to begin with)

The eisosis deeser makes the spitfish seem like a play school toy, for example (in versatility AND quality of results)
You're comparing a $175 de-esser to a free one. It damn sure better make spitfish seem like a play school toy. Know of any free ones that do?
Old 18th March 2010
  #9
Lives for gear
 

An EQ-compressor-sidechain setup will work untill infinity and on all systems you might ever work with till you die.
Old 18th March 2010
  #10
Lives for gear
 
theothermarkwilliams's Avatar
 

Lagerfeldt has posted a preset on one of these threads about using the Logic compressor as a deesser. It's a very good deesser, actually, IMO. It's worth searching for that thread.

There are lots of other options for deessers--any ultra-fast compressor that has a sidechain input will do. I usually use The Glue for this, actually, because the attack can be so quick. But the Logic compressor route with Lagerfeldt's preset has also worked really well for me, and that one is definitely free. Check it out.
Old 19th March 2010
  #11
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
You're comparing a $175 de-esser to a free one. It damn sure better make spitfish seem like a play school toy. Know of any free ones that do?
I don't remember the op even once mentioning that price was an issue.

Payware or not , the eiosis is the best, isn't that the main point?
Old 19th March 2010
  #12
Lives for gear
 
MERC476's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
I don't remember the op even once mentioning that price was an issue.

Payware or not , the eiosis is the best, isn't that the main point?
No need to get offended. It was an honest question. I don't remember the OP asking which de-esser was best either.
Old 21st March 2010
  #13
TNM
Lives for gear
I absolutely wasn't offended any way, and did not mean to come across in any way rude, and i am sorry if it seemed that way. cheers.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1039 views: 158570
Avatar for KarmaPolice
KarmaPolice 30th November 2013
replies: 53 views: 31653
Avatar for Mixwerk
Mixwerk 4th November 2008
replies: 1 views: 1611
Avatar for dave-G
dave-G 20th April 2009
replies: 397 views: 52011
Avatar for JfromRVA
JfromRVA 4 days ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump