The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Plugin Bundle
Old 6th September 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic View Post
The page says it was updated August 28, 2020 but the file for v1.3.8 seems to be the same file from November 2016.

https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwar...vious_versions
I see the same not first time at lex download page. Fresh release date but the same version (and old files inside resp.)
Old 6th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic View Post
The page says it was updated August 28, 2020 but the file for v1.3.8 seems to be the same file from November 2016.

https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwar...vious_versions
They keep updating the page, but not the files (nor, more importantly, the plugins) themselves.
Old 6th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
They keep updating the page, but not the files (nor, more importantly, the plugins) themselves.
A darn shame considering how much money initial buyers spent on them.
Old 6th September 2020
Gear Maniac

It's pretty obviously a dead product. RIP

FWIW- I moved on to Exponential Audio R4 and Nimbus and they are terrific!

Also, my system has been MUCH more stable since discontinuing use of the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb. No more slow session opening, no hangs on session closes, no crash on session open (Vintage Plate), no more hangs on bounces and less crashes in general. Good riddance!
Old 6th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilburguy View Post

Also, my system has been MUCH more stable since discontinuing use of the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb. No more slow session opening, no hangs on session closes, no crash on session open (Vintage Plate), no more hangs on bounces and less crashes in general. Good riddance!
On MAC by any chance?
Old 6th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_Rider View Post
On MAC by any chance?
Yup
Old 6th September 2020
Quote:

So you've discovered that the slow session close is due to Lexicon plugs? That would explain some things I've been seeing here. I've never considered removing them from my plugin folder but will likely do that now. I'm not thrilled about having to do so, considering what we paid for them, but we have to move on.
Old 6th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
So you've discovered that the slow session close is due to Lexicon plugs? That would explain some things I've been seeing here. I've never considered removing them from my plugin folder but will likely do that now. I'm not thrilled about having to do so, considering what we paid for them, but we have to move on.
I keep them in my plugins folder, I just don’t use them anymore. For me they only misbehaved if they were in the session.
Old 6th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yup
Flawless on Windows and I love them!
Old 6th September 2020
Lives for gear

Why don't you guys crowd source a big-trouble lawyer to lend their expertise? A bunch of $50s should be as good an entertainment as pay per view, in slow motion . They have obligations, and reminding them of their obligations in a nice legal way could help them deliver the promises they already made.

Even in a worst-case scenario, if you lose your $50 it's like kissing Lexicon goodbye one last time with lipstick on your fist

* as an afterthought, just to mention I've never sued anyone even though more than once I had every right. I was also wrongly sued 30 years ago and that's a raw nerve that never healed. But just so you know I don't take the idea of legal maneuvers lightly, and I'm aghast at how it seems Harmon has train-wrecked some stuff and wasted professional's time.

Last edited by JoeyM; 7th September 2020 at 07:11 AM..
Old 7th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

I have purchased the EA suite of reverbs as well. I am very happy with them but the Lexicon ones sound slightly different. Reverbs are like a spice rack to me...
Old 7th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
A darn shame considering how much money initial buyers spent on them.
Bought them when they first came out. 3 weeks average wages they cost me back then but I wanted the Lex sound so badly.
Old 10th September 2020
Lives for gear

Wow! This epic thread from 2009 is still around... and I'm still getting GS notifications about it from my past post here last in 2013. Crazy!

I'm not using PCM Native Reverbs lately, but for the same reason others have mentioned in the past few pages of thread, the ability to recall sessions is certainly important, and so I would love to install them on my current Mojave Pro Tools system for that reason alone. (I'll probably have to upgrade to Catalina soon before the Big Sur mess comes along...)

Perhaps interesting to note that in the past year I purchased a Lexicon PCM96 Surround (used) that I'm using instead has a hardware insert in Pro Tools. It was not done as a direct response to the Lexicon plug-in issues, but was a consideration. Was already using TC Electronic System 6000 and Reverb 4000 this was (hardware inserts) so hopefully I now have a 10+ year future proof solution. (20 years from now I figure I won't care anymore, or we'll all be using our Apple Watches to make music and mix sessions. LOL)
Old 10th September 2020
Still using them daily here. There's other stuff that's as good but I'm just partial to their sound.

No loading issues other than every once in a while I get a PACE error when loading in Cubase. I quick quit and reload fixes it, and it only happens every few months.
📝 Reply