The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SoundToys - Decapitator Plugin
Old 20th December 2011 | Show parent
to tell you the truth about two months ago i also owned logic pro 9 and it was the same. random crashes from time to time whenever i put plugin on a channel whilst playing audio. with logic pro 9 the same happened with my psp mix pack 2 so i guess its not 100 % ableton live related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh_ View Post
Thanx for the tip
and greetings from 3city
greetings from silesia :D
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
to tell you the truth about two months ago i also owned logic pro 9 and it was the same. random crashes from time to time whenever i put plugin on a channel whilst playing audio. with logic pro 9 the same happened with my psp mix pack 2 so i guess its not 100 % ableton live related.
Ah, that changes things indeed. I also wondered if it could be in fact be an iLok issue (especially the newer dongle), but I don't believe your version of the PSP MixPack2 uses iLok. Who's crashing our DAWs??
Old 20th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Contact Sound Toys if you're having issues. They didn't resolve my decapitator crashing but they gave me a different, more stable version. Now it works great and as soon as the problem is resolved I'll switch back.
Old 4th February 2012
Gear Head

just found that switching from 44k or 48k to 88 or 96k sample rate, decapitator significantly looses the bass.

1) i apply it on a kick sample recorded with 44k sample rate in an Ableton project with the same sample rate 44k. there is bass.
2) now, i switch to 88k or 96k the sample rate of the project. almost all bass is lost.

other plugins behave well...
is that normal?

greets
Old 11th May 2012
Gear Nut

I realize that I'm bumping an old thread but I'm wondering if someone found a solution to the plugins causing crashes?

I've got two instances of crystallizer and two decapitator instances on my session and it simply won't open now unless I move the dll files out of the vst folder, I can open the session again but I do not remember the what I did on all four plugins...
Old 11th May 2012
Gear Nut

I realize that I'm bumping an old thread but I'm wondering if someone found a solution to the plugins causing crashes?

I've got two instances of crystallizer and two decapitator instances on my session and it simply won't open now unless I move the dll files out of the vst folder, I can open the session again but I do not remember the what I did on all four plugins...
Old 11th May 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino213 View Post

Have you contacted support?

-SD
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

and what is your DAW and system?
rsp
Old 20th August 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hey guys i know this is has kind of turned into an "issues" thread but I was just curious how many of u are using Decapitator on stereo bus on a regular basis & what ur settings tend to be? Or what settings for certain types of music.

Appreciated.
Old 20th August 2013
Lives for gear

Hi,
I am, roughly with drive around 10-11 and wet about 9-12

rsp
Old 20th August 2013
Lives for gear

Hi,
I am, roughly with drive around 10-11 and wet about 9-12

rsp
Old 26th July 2014
Gear Maniac

Sound toys Filter Freak 2

I like the preset on Filter Freak 2 Bass Funk: Random Slap Rand

Is there a hardware version of this type of sound?

Sounds similar to an effect on the imposcar vst also.
Old 2nd September 2014
Gear Guru
Just re-reading this thread. Come to a bit of a full circle with plug ins, and trying to simplify. Decapitator and UBK-1 were my first plug-ins. I've been enjoying others like SDRR, Sk-Note Strip, STA, Britson, VCC etc. Also migrated to Mixbus. Now simplifying and really loving my original two as a base to work off of.

My question is, since time has passed, (and this is an older offering), how are people using this? I've been loving it on the 2 buss with very low drive (around 2) and mix around 50%. Really liking the A and N modes. Also using the N mode overdriven for sheen (a trick picked up from another thread). Maybe because this is the first plug in I felt was a piece of equipment, it holds a mystique that really sets it apart. I feel as much as I've used it, it's still like an instrument, I haven't learned how to play. Honestly it (and UBK-1), are two boxes I'd like to have analogue, (if that makes sense!). How are you using it and how is it changing your sound?
Old 29th June 2015
Here for the gear

The reason the plug crashes is because of the GUI. Switching to separate GUI mode in jbridger fixed the beeps for me.
Old 30th June 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steef View Post
The reason the plug crashes is because of the GUI. Switching to separate GUI mode in jbridger fixed the beeps for me.
Decapitator is available in both 32 and 64 bit versions. Why are you using jbridger?
📝 Reply