The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SoundToys - Decapitator Plugin
Old 22nd December 2010 | Show parent
So any news on Decapitator working with Samp and Windows XP? Seems like some folks had issues with it a few months back, any updates to the plug to address that yet?

Thanks.
Old 29th January 2011 | Show parent
D K
Lives for gear

I know...always late

Just got Decap...

I'll describe it just like I describe my beloved Steelers (who will win next Sunday by the way..bet it till your hands bleed..heh) using one word:

BEASTLY!!

URS Sat on tracks - Decapitator on certain busses (Drums, Vocals, Guitars) is going to be lovely!!

Great sounding plugin ..why am I always so late to the dance
Old 7th March 2011 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
I used 5 decapitators on a session, after the experience of Decapitator Crashing Pro Tools HD 8 when opening a session. so I was sure to make all decapitators Inactive before saving my session to able to open the session again.

So I was able to open the session, but when I made the 4th Decapitator active.....crashed Pro Tools!!

ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS WITH PRO TOOLS HD 8??
I've been experiencing some major crashes related to this issue. When using in a session (one instance on a single track) I often get crashes. Then when I try to reopen session I get the beach ball when session is restoring the track that has Decapacitator on it. Beach ball spins infinitely, Pro Tools is "(not responding)". Force quit via Finder.

Then if I try to reopen pro tools, it freezes upon first loading prefs and entire machine freezes forcing me to hard reboot. After hard rebooting, then doing a soft restart, I open pro tools and other sessions open fine. Session that crashed repeats same issues. However, this happened to me on something I couldn't afford to just give up on so after trying this same freeze, force quit, restart, retry cycle after about 6 times (35 min) then session came back.

I'm officially done w/ decapacitator until they get an update out for us that fixes this.

Anyone else have same nightmare and have you figured out a work around?
Old 8th March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

i rarely get crashes in PT 9 but opening a soundtoys plugin on even the lightest session occasionally crashes PT 9. I'm on OSX 10.6.6
Old 17th March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I am very late to the party but I used a bunch of decap on this tune and I'm consistently surprised with the quality of the result. I'm sold. I'm going to scrap my plans to get a culture vulture for the time being until I can hear a reason I need it!

The Stomping Song--Final Version by The Short Films on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

same one thats in my sig...

Russell

EDIT: Using on cubase. The gui is funny as i have to click "below" all buttons and knobs to operate them but I got used to it pretty quickly.
Old 31st March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post
I'll describe it just like I describe my beloved Steelers (who will win next Sunday by the way..bet it till your hands bleed..heh)
Old 2nd May 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

wow sounds awesome! loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshorephatty View Post
I am very late to the party but I used a bunch of decap on this tune and I'm consistently surprised with the quality of the result. I'm sold. I'm going to scrap my plans to get a culture vulture for the time being until I can hear a reason I need it!

The Stomping Song--Final Version by The Short Films on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Russell

EDIT: Using on cubase. The gui is funny as i have to click "below" all buttons and knobs to operate them but I got used to it pretty quickly.
Old 2nd May 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Try it on master bus. use the Neve setting. Drive around 2.... and then put the wet/dry dial around 2-4. Its like a "forward" plugin when used right... Closest thing to the TC Culture Vulture ive hear ITB.
Old 12th August 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Bump for any crash fixes.
Old 12th August 2011 | Show parent
Love itheh Great plugin
Old 14th August 2011
Gear Maniac

Anybody having problems with Decapitator and Logic 9.1.5? Decap always worked flawlessly for me in the past but now it will occasionally "crash" and no audio will pass through the plug and I have to bypass it, or reload it and it will work again for awhile until the same thing happens.
Old 14th August 2011
Here for the gear

^ This happens to me as well on Reaper. No audio would pass through after a certain amount of time. Does it less with Reaper 4.01, though.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Literally can't use it in PT 9 - takes about a minute to load - PT shows Not Responding. Then it opens. And then I can barely play audio before it tells me to max CPU usage limit. Nothing changes it though. Relatively small session - 11 active tracks. 17 plug instances going. Only resource hogs are 2 filterfreaks and 1 decap (update - I removed ALL plug-ins except decap and it still won't play).

I am in the 30 day demo and was just saying to myself I was going to buy the whole package (was originally just planning on echoboy, but digging some of the others).
Old 3rd September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunster View Post
Anybody having problems with Decapitator and Logic 9.1.5? Decap always worked flawlessly for me in the past but now it will occasionally "crash" and no audio will pass through the plug and I have to bypass it, or reload it and it will work again for awhile until the same thing happens.
Yep, same here. If it weren't for decap, I'd probably sell the bundle as echoboy has frustrated me too many times with the buffer pops in Logic. Now that decap is troublesome and still no 64bit, it's even more tempting--I seldom use the others...
Old 3rd September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunster View Post
Happens in Pro Tools also with decap and panman and occasionally with echoboy. It's gotten to the point that when I use Panman I just bounce the track with Panman and then import it back as a stereo track so I don't have to be interrupted by that plugin not passing audio. Decap is just as bad. I stopped using it.

If anyone knows of a good RTAS panner let me know. Panman has excellent features by soundtoys is slipping.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

No problem for me with protools
Old 11th October 2011 | Show parent
yep its working fine with latest version of protools by the way its a great little plugin !
Gear Addict
So, no news on 64bits version?
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Head

I'm getting similar issues in logic- wish they would sort the 64 bit issue too. Gonna dump it all soon if they don't catch up as cheesed off with the bridge crashing too. There is a good chance apple will drop 32 bit with the imminent logic x update according to other logo threads
I thought this was revealed to be a baseless rumour?
Old 21st October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Grrrr...

Now my Decapitator has decided to suddenly stop passing audio through itself and thus muted tracks in my mix!!! At least that let's you know it's happening instantly...

But i NEVER had this before??? Anyone know what causes it?

I guess i should email Soundtoys but after a searching and landing here i suspect that's already been done before....

If anyone has any clues???

I'm using Logic 9.1.5 OSX 10.6.4

Never had any issues, in fact i wonder if it's anything to do with switching to iLok2????

Anyone?....

Zz.
Old 21st October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshorephatty View Post

Russell

What a great tune!! She can sing...but it is the whole tune, very cool!
Old 10th December 2011
Here for the gear

Decapitator Crashes my Projects!!

Hey guys so I dunno if your having the same problems but whenever I put the decapitator plug-in on my drum bus or any bus for that matter every so often the audio will just straight up stop working through it and I'll hear a hum which I then have to stop playback and bypass the decapitator plug-in or else re-load the project. It is a huge pain in the ass to have to keep doing and it seems to crash in both Logic 9 and Pro Tools 9? ANyone know what gives? I really would like some help if possible.
Old 19th December 2011 | Show parent
Gear Nut

bad to hear there are so many problems with decapitator.

I am just trying the demo and was about to buy the soundtoys native bundle.

Now I'm wondering if it's a good idea. These plugins sounds great but are no cheap for me.
Any news if the problems are solved now?
decapitator as such is a great plugin but running it in ableton live and the rest of native bundle requires me stopping the audio before adding any of those plugins. otherwise it will crash my daw most of the time. its pretty strange cause its random but thats what happens on my imac running fireface 400. anyway its worth getting them because the whole bundle sounds fantastic and i assume that at some point in the near future they will sort out those problems anyway. get them second hand if you want to save few zloty's :D. thats what i did. licence transfer is pretty straight forward and quick.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
decapitator as such is a great plugin but running it in ableton live and the rest of native bundle requires me stopping the audio before adding any of those plugins. otherwise it will crash my daw most of the time. its pretty strange cause its random but thats what happens on my imac running fireface 400. anyway its worth getting them because the whole bundle sounds fantastic and i assume that at some point in the near future they will sort out those problems anyway. get them second hand if you want to save few zloty's :D. thats what i did. licence transfer is pretty straight forward and quick.
Thanx for the tip
and greetings from 3city
Old 20th December 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearismyganja View Post
Hey guys so I dunno if your having the same problems but whenever I put the decapitator plug-in on my drum bus or any bus for that matter every so often the audio will just straight up stop working through it and I'll hear a hum which I then have to stop playback and bypass the decapitator plug-in or else re-load the project. It is a huge pain in the ass to have to keep doing and it seems to crash in both Logic 9 and Pro Tools 9? ANyone know what gives? I really would like some help if possible.
It happens to me with Decap & PanMan. Audio just stops working on the track they are inserted on and comes back once you remove the plug-in. Sometimes it will give me a loud high pitched noise. It has happened to me in HD Native, PT 9/10, Logic, and Samplitude. This is a Soundtoys issue that has not been fixed even when brought to their attention. I have begun to use alternatives.
Here for the gear

hey Popular Demand what kind of alternative do you suggest for decapitator?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearismyganja View Post
hey Popular Demand what kind of alternative do you suggest for decapitator?
I have used all of these at one time or another. UBK1, Sonnox Inflator, UAD2 Fatso in parallel, CLA76 smashed with distorted input in parallel. The mix controls on the newer plug-ins like UBK1 make it just as simple to use as Decap.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
This problem is not specific to SoundToys (unfortunately?), I don't own any SoundToys plugins (yet) but I'm having more crashes with Live 8 on Mac than I had with Cubase on an Atari. Seems more of an Ableton problem to me. Fortunately they stopped working on new features to work on stability! Unforfortunately it is now unstable AND without new features!
📝 Reply