The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube TubeTech CL-1B Compressor plug-in
Old 1st February 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube View Post
we plan to release a bunch of updates within short (couple of weeks).
Are you guys releasing 64bit versions...that would be awesome. I think I would purchase some more softube stuff then.
cam
Old 1st February 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

This is why i just love and support those guyz !!

And yep thks for noticing it , this is really helpfull for people working over 48....

until then work at 48 or just don't use ..

great job ...
Old 2nd February 2011 | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
Are you guys releasing 64bit versions...that would be awesome.
Definitely. 64-bit versions are on their way. But we'll probably release the CL 1B update before that.

/niklas
Old 5th February 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube View Post
Yup. It's a bug. Really embarrassing... The CL 1B does have a roll-off, but it shouldn't be that low down. The 44.1 and 48 versions are correct. We will definitely fix it, and we plan to release a bunch of updates within short (couple of weeks).

Sorry about that guys, but thanks for noticing it!

/niklas
Hey , awesome ! I seldom use CL1B because of this (work at 96k and it sounds a bit gritty to my ears ) . Can't wait for the update ! I have to say to you guys , FET is my favorite ITB compressor . I use it so frequently my UAD and Waves collection get jealous heh . I also love and use Trident on Vocals and guitar about 50 to 75% of the time . Love what you do ,

peace out Softube thumbsup
Old 5th February 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I really wish 64-bit AU versions were here already. On Snow Leopard, I don't trust using the Logic bridge, as the only time I get zero crashes ever is when I stay with 64-bit plugs. Why has it taken so long...? And you guys are not the only ones who still aren't offering this. I'm sure many of us would pay a little to speed up the process.
Old 3rd March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hey Niklas ,

How are you guys progressing on the CL1B update ? Also , I'm demoing TSAR right now and LOVEEE it . I'm kickin' myself for not buying it when You had your intro price cross grade . Great work all and all ! You guys never disappoint .
Old 8th March 2011 | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
Hey Niklas ,

How are you guys progressing on the CL1B update ? Also , I'm demoing TSAR right now and LOVEEE it . I'm kickin' myself for not buying it when You had your intro price cross grade . Great work all and all ! You guys never disappoint .
We're on it! Sorry about it taking so much time, but it's not always easy to get stuff out fast...

/niklas
Old 10th March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

No worries ! Thanks for the info Niklas .
Old 9th May 2011
Lives for gear

1.1.3 is the one with the bug right? Will we get an email to let us know when it's fixed?
Old 2nd June 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm07 View Post
1.1.3 is the one with the bug right? Will we get an email to let us know when it's fixed?
Unfortunately, according to Softube, some versions will never be fixed at all. Suposedly, Leopard and Snow Leopard compatible versions should already be fixed.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Morph_ View Post
Unfortunately, according to Softube, some versions will never be fixed at all. Suposedly, Leopard and Snow Leopard compatible versions should already be fixed.
So what is the bug ? Im on a Mac Pro / Snow leopard / logic9 64bit and all the knobs on all my Softube plugins don't move when I change presets, I own CL1B,Trident and effects bundle.
Lives for gear
Yep once Softube and waves goes 64 bit I see no reason to not go 64bit at least for mixing. Dmg Equality is already...just throw in the Softube stuff and Waves. I will be upgrading and maxing out my ram when the day comes. Main reason I didn't see the point in upgrading my mac quadcore yet.

Any updates on the bug/fix?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg082 View Post
I will be upgrading and maxing out my ram when the day comes. Main reason I didn't see the point in upgrading my mac quadcore yet.
I upgraded and Maxed out the ram on my Mac in 2008 I've just been waiting for the developers to get their fingers out.

To be fair on Softube/Waves etc I assume the hold-up on 64bit plugins has been ilok however I'm sat here now with my ilok2 just waiting for the nod.
Old 29th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just bought the classic channel.

Stoked to play with all 3 plugs.
Old 29th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Demo'd this last night. Really impressed. Especially on parallel vocals. You can really squish it nicely and it has a really smooth, pillowy presence.

Excellent work as usual.
Old 27th September 2020
DSK
Lives for gear

Never liked this plugin too much. Looks like I was using it for the wrong materials, as now I find this plugin indispensable when working on vocals.

I tend to use it with less aggressive settings, after I already did the heavy lifting on a vocal track with other more "hard working" and recent compressors.
In that regard this really makes the vocal sound polished and sit quite elegantly in the mix.

Thinking of upgrading to MK2, and getting a TC Powercore version as well just to have 3 flavors of it. hmmmm
📝 Reply