The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone use Frontier interfaces?
Old 21st August 2005
Lives for gear

Anyone use Frontier interfaces?

I am thinking about their setup. I heard they are rock-solid, much more than MOTU. Anyone use them??
Old 21st August 2005
I used Frontier's original ADAT interface (the Wavecenter) between 1996-2000 (and only quite when I left my 16 bit ADATs behind) and it was always solid. Plus, at that time, the company was extremely helpful to me (since, with my 8 channel DAW rig I was kind of a pioneer and there was no one around then but them to ask... my pro shop was clueless, God love 'em).

I would have no qualms buying a Frontier device that had the features I want.

(And, while I like my MOTO 828mkII pretty okay and it's been really pretty good, I'm a little disappointed by at least one issue: they were an afterthought when I bought the unit, but I ended up being quite disappointed in the two mic pre's on the 828... they're very "dark" and veiled sounding. It might be someone's idea of "warm" -- but it's my idea of dull and barely acceptable.)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search