The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Platinum Verb test on Powerbooks 1.5 and 1.67
Old 21st August 2005
Platinum Verb test on Powerbooks 1.5 and 1.67

Please post results of your tests here. You need to prepare arrange with 10 stereo audio tracks 24/44.1 and record 10-20 seconds of audio on these tracks. Then insert 4 Platinum Verbs with default settings on each track. Bypass them all, mark a loop and play the arrange turning on Platinum Verbs. Check how many of them you can turn on before system overload.

My result on PB 1.67 with 1GB ram was extremly low - 22 PV's. It is a result that 1GHz Powerbook is able to perform. Do you have any idea why it is so? Some 1.5 users can run 30 instances, so I should be able to get around 33-34.
Old 21st August 2005
Lives for gear

Is your processor throttled? Go to System Preferences/Energy Saver. Then click on the Options tab. Make sure the Processor Performance is set to Highest.

Then switch from the Power Adaptor to the Battery Power tab and do the same. Why they have this setting in 2 different tabs is a mystery to me. That's how it is on the 10.3.9 machine I'm in front of at the moment anyway.

If you're on Tiger, go to System Preferences/Spotlight. Click on the Privacy tab. Drag your audio recording drive into this window so it's not constantly accessed by Spotlight.

Other than that, I can't think of much at the moment.
Old 21st August 2005
It doesn't matter how fast is the disk. It happens on fast FW drive too. My processor is set to highest performance. It is fresh Tiger with Logic Express 7.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search