The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
aurora aes16 mixer
Old 4th July 2009
Lives for gear

aurora aes16 mixer

i just rented an aurora 16aes (version 1.0 build 45) system for an upcoming project. i've only used it once before, but it was in a studio we booked and all the routing and monitoring was done via a console.well i must be dumb, but i can't for the life of me get any level to display in my daw when i select an input. i have good synchro lock,my daw (i've tried it in logic and reaper) sees the 1.aes16 as my i/o and everything looks kosher. i see level from my pre, and the corresponding input led on the aurora but nothing in the daw when i assign the input.

is it just me or is this not the most unintuitive virtual mixer ever made? it doesn't have anything in common with any other interface mixer i've used and i can think of 5 off the top of my head that i had working in 10 minutes without a manual.again, maybe i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but this has me to the point where i think i have to take it back and get something familiar before the session.nothing looks wrong here, from my daw to apps/utilities/audio midi setup.i'm totally verclemped.

i'd have called tech support but it's saturday and i have a session monday, so need to know how to get some inputs working and at least one cue mix..
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

i'd just like to send a shout out to kittonian for offering to help me sort this out over the phone. unfortuantely, it'll have to wait as i borrowed an apogee ensemble to get me through this session but am willing to try again.

he mentioned that based on the zero latency monitoring of the AES16e card, i should just setup all my cues, routing etc in cubase 4. so i assume that i should use the control room feature, which i've never used to this point. anyone monitoring,setting cues etc right in nuendo/cubase 4 using an aurora aes16e? if so, how's it working for you?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search