The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MIDI Controller Wish
Old 3rd July 2009
Here for the gear

MIDI Controller Wish

Hi guys,

I have an idea for a midi controller that I think would make all of our lives alot easier to interface with our DAW's and plugins.

In its essence my idea is to have an endless encoder knob to control any parameter that my mouse hovers over. Whether it be a plugin or parameter within the DAW.

No need for fancy, extra buttons, lcd's, multiple knobs,.... Just a basic, great feeling, quality, endless encoder knob that would do the job, period.

I have owned novation remote sl series controllers and those are great in their own right. I just want something even more simpler. Something I dont have to set up and create templates for. Would work right out of the box.

This would not work so well for live uses, but i would be great for cats tinkering in the studio.

Apparently the novation nocturn has something similar in the speed dial feature, but from what I read it does not work very well.

If this came out I would be first in line!!!!!

What do you guys think?
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

like you said: the nocturn has it but I can't get it to work in Cubase.

The steinberg controller has it as well (ai knob) - only for steiny apps.

Herwig
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

You might check the Kensington Expert Mouse as well. It has a big scroll ring around the ball which serves that purpose (in Nuendo at least). It's not the smoothest feel, but it works for the most part.

Take Care
Old 3rd July 2009
Here for the gear

The Kensington mouse is similar to the way I picture the knob. In that its a square little box but with a big big knob on it. What I failed to mention is that it should be BIG. Even bigger than the Mackie Big Knob!!

I can picture it now to the left of my keyboard. Changing parameters on the fly while i hover over the parameters with my mouse. Would be sweet...

Come on Novation jump on this!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search