The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Motu Electric Keys anyone?
Old 30th June 2009
Lives for gear

Motu Electric Keys anyone?

I've listened to the demos, and for someone interested in vintage keyboards, it seems very well catered and it seem to sound good.
I don't know of any other virtual instrument that includes all these instruments.
I'm just wondering how does it integrate in a mix with a majority of live instruments recordings.
Does it have a soul, does it really sound good in a serious context?
I mean I always tend to to find that virtual instruments are not so easy to integrate in productions with a lot of live takes, that they don't really have the weight, except for a few soft synths from Arturia and Native Instruments.
Anyone use it here?
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

anyone before it goes to page 2?
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

i was interested in this product too, but then read a lot of things about how buggy it was - even in magazine reviews, where i find products are usually hyped considerably.
Old 1st July 2009
Gear Head

Love it, live by it, use it all the time. Coupled w/ my Virus keyboard it actually feels like I'm physically connected to a real Rhodes. I've tried a lot of virtual EPs and this, along w/ the hi res EPs on Mach Five v2 are the best.

The other rare keys are cool too but i haven't used much except the Mellotron and string machines.

It does gobble resources though, I'm PC dual core, XP, 4G ram and I've got to be careful how I use it. Update made it buggy but I reverted to orig version and haven't had issues. I'd imagine it works better on a comparable Mac.
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

wow. cool. nice to hear from an actual user. i just picked up komplete 5 on the special 399 deal and i'm actually pretty impressed with the electrik piano after all.

i've been using PT's velvet recently, but find it hard to get the sound that works in the mix.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search