The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Guitar Center and Harmony Central have NI Komplete 5 for 399
Old 4th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
This is yet ANOTHER really nasty thing NI has done to it's users that just bought K5. That kind of a radical jump is just so un called for. Anyone with me on this? They could have ramped these down gently over the months, not %^&* faithful paying customers. They ALWAYS manage to burn me really really badly. I bought K2 and it crashed Pro Tools all day for 8 months so I sold it at a massive loss. I just bought K5 because I heard they were going to be RTAS friendly and then a week after I bought it they drop the price by $600. **NI
This price is simply crazy.

I just bought it and I can't believe how much you get for the price. Obviously they are about to release K 6 and need to move these boxes - but WOW. Most of it is good too. Acoustik Piano is painfully bad, but B4 II is practically worth the price alone. Not to mention Kontakt and Elektrik Piano. All seems to run fine for me in PT 8 too.
Old 4th July 2009
Lives for gear

I bought mine a week before the price drop. Excruciating. You don't just drop the price from 999 to 399. That's such a MAJOR "*&$# you" high paying customer!
Old 4th July 2009
Gear Head

Have you tried contacting them to see if they will honor the new price since you just bought it a week ago? Not sure if they will, but I know some other companies have done that. GC has a 30 day price protection which I've taken advantage of in the past. It's worth at least inquiring.
Old 4th July 2009
Gear Addict

I just own R5....couldn't pass up on this deal. I already placed an order thru ams and then I started finding a couple of these coupon deals for MF & GC, and considering having to pay state tax, I guess its worth the lesser 20 buck hit for the convenience of their 3 payment option.

I can't wait (back-ordered) *gear ******
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
I bought mine a week before the price drop. Excruciating. You don't just drop the price from 999 to 399. That's such a MAJOR "*&$# you" high paying customer!

yeah - your dealer should totally hook you up in this case. it doesn't benefit them to screw you so badly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search