The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PT 8 M-powered Routing issue
Old 22nd June 2009
Gear Nut

PT 8 M-powered Routing issue

Hey,

I'm probably missing something here but I'm having a few issues with routing in PT8 M-powered. I'm trying to do the whole "internal bounce" thing that I've heard alot of people doing. So I set up a small recording to try it out but it's not working. As visible in the picture, I have mono tracks, 1 and 2, outputting to bus 1+2. Then I have a Stereo Aux with input of Bus 1+2 and output Bus 3+4. Then to record it, a stereo track with input Bus 3+4 and output OUT 1+2. As you can see, there is audio getting to the aux track but not to the final stereo track.

http://img142.imageshack.us/i/routing.tif/

Anybody able to help? :-) Sorry if this has been covered. I searched around and tried lots of things but none have worked so far. Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclark View Post
Hey,

I'm probably missing something here but I'm having a few issues with routing in PT8 M-powered. I'm trying to do the whole "internal bounce" thing that I've heard alot of people doing. So I set up a small recording to try it out but it's not working. As visible in the picture, I have mono tracks, 1 and 2, outputting to bus 1+2. Then I have a Stereo Aux with input of Bus 1+2 and output Bus 3+4. Then to record it, a stereo track with input Bus 3+4 and output OUT 1+2. As you can see, there is audio getting to the aux track but not to the final stereo track.

http://img142.imageshack.us/i/routing.tif/

Anybody able to help? :-) Sorry if this has been covered. I searched around and tried lots of things but none have worked so far. Thanks!
first off remove the aux. no need for it. just route the audio tracks direct to the new audio.

also is your input monitoring activated? try hitting alt+K and see if you then get a signal.
Old 22nd June 2009
Gear Nut

Haha that's it! It's so annoying when it's that one little thing. Cheers mate.

Yeah I'm using the aux because I prefer to use aux's as mix groups... Just how I work!
Old 22nd June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haha that's it! It's so annoying when it's that one little thing. Cheers mate.
no worries, that gets me all the time at home on my LE rig when ive been on HD all day in studio

Quote:
Yeah I'm using the aux because I prefer to use aux's as mix groups... Just how I work!
same as. just thought you were doing a quick bounce, in which case the aux wouldnt be needed.
Old 22nd June 2009
Gear Nut

Yeah, come october I'll be using an HD rig fairly often. I'm sure I'll be sitting here scratching my head once again. Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search