The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
novice needs help - windows/002R
Old 16th August 2005
Gear Addict

novice needs help - windows/002R

hello! i think this is my first post. my first cry for help atleast.

the musicians i'm working with have the 002 rack and i've decided to install protools LE(6.7) on a newer hp/compaq AMD 64 3400 tower.

i've installed protools but it wouldn't recognize the 002 as hardware. i finished the PT install and then tried to get the machine to recognize the 002. typically the machine shuts down when i open protools. once i got it to give me a " file xxxx.dll not found" message. i've reinstalled PT a few times with not much better results.

the manual says that the 002 has to be connected and powered on before the machine is started during the initial set up, but that is how it is not recognized. only when the 002 is turned on while the machine is running does it recognize it.

i'm going to try to remove, then install (as opposed to the reinstall/repair option), then mess with some non-firewire network adapters as per the DUC digidesign message board tech support suggestions.

any slutz want to help out a novice?
thanks!
-w
Old 17th August 2005
Gear Addict

so you're saying check for 6.7 updates, maybe even go to 6.9? then check for PACE updates? cool, thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search