The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
True Stereo M7 IR's (Testers Wanted).
Old 21st October 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinghits View Post
hey rhythminmind, great work on these impulses. There seems to be a problem with the tail though, all impulses have some sort of a 'swush' sound on the tail. I'm using them with Reverberate and I did compare it to actual M7 before/ after samples that are posted somewhere here on Gearslutz. Overall, your impulses sound just like it, except for that late tail 'swush'. Tried different settings in Reverberate (Hold, Sustain etc) but to no avail. Tried in SIR as well, same thing.
definitivelty! i tried reverberate & dual space designer with no luck, i still have the "swush" in all the IRs
i could anyway cut it working with sustain and release controls... but then it's a bit un-natural

here you can hear it (medium chamber pst), and for reference, the acousticas version too (no "swush").

Download M7true_vs_M7acousticas.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear Maniac

I just scanned through the post and found the presets for waves for the M7. Does anyone have the presets (I think it is the .xps file for waves) for the other impulses that are available on the signaltonoize website such as the H3000, SPX's and stuff? Or can someone tell me how to make them?

Thanks and God bless

Reb
Old 25th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigichelli View Post
definitivelty! i tried reverberate & dual space designer with no luck, i still have the "swush" in all the IRs
i could anyway cut it working with sustain and release controls... but then it's a bit un-natural

here you can hear it (medium chamber pst), and for reference, the acousticas version too (no "swush").

Download M7true_vs_M7acousticas.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Firstly, the impulses sound quite good. I would definitely be interested in buying this plug.

Secondly, there definitely is a problem with the tails in many of the impulses. It's as if there is a filter with "cut-off" and "resonance" inserted with an ever-so-slight resonance swirling into the cut-off frequency on the fade of the tail.

I checked to make sure all EQ's and choruses were off. Yes, they were off.

I am trying it out on an orchestral mock-up for a film and it definitely kills it for me because the french horns are so exposed at the end of the cue and it just sounds completely un-natural.

Maybe I missed it, but, the option to enter numeric values in the various fields would be nice.

Also, to be able to copy and paste the envelope from one IR to the other would be great. I tried fixing the problem with the resonance by using the envelope, but, having to toggle back and forth was a bit of a pain.

Sunday-additional testing :
I did load some of the free Acousticas-Bricasti Impulses. They are perfectly clear right to the end so, I think it is something to do with the sampling of some of your true stereo impulses.

An ON/OFF button for the envelope is essential imho. For example, when loading the Bricasti impulses, I'd lke to be able to hear the original impulse, flat without anything.
Old 2nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Hi guys,

I think I finally managed to get all the files split and renamed so I could use them in Altiverb.

It took a while to get Altiverb to recognize them as 'true' stereo files but in the end it all seems to have worked out.

If anybody wants to give them a try here's the link: Stereo M7 for Altiverb

I'm hoping I did it correctly...

R.

P.S. I just got a note from Eric/Signal To Noize who said he'd be happy to host these. I'd just like someone to load them up as well and double-check they're loading/playing back OK.
Old 5th November 2009
Gear Nut

Hi,

I installed Reverberate and downloaded the M7 patches and IR's. Could someone help me out with where to put the files so that Reverberate can find them. I'm on Logic 9 Mac OSX 10.6. Also, I've come up against a problem. Whenever I press the eject button to load an IR, Logic crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 4th December 2009
Gear Nut
Thumbs up

After a quick comparison I can definitely say that......there's no comparison: rhythminmind IRs sound more spacey, 3d and dynamic if applied to stereo material (100% of my stuff - I work only with virtuals).

The "swoosh" issue appears to be only on a few IRs, and at the lowest level of the tail. In an usual mix should not give any problem.

Great job dude!
Old 4th December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
Hi guys,

I think I finally managed to get all the files split and renamed so I could use them in Altiverb.

It took a while to get Altiverb to recognize them as 'true' stereo files but in the end it all seems to have worked out.

If anybody wants to give them a try here's the link: Stereo M7 for Altiverb

I'm hoping I did it correctly...

R.

P.S. I just got a note from Eric/Signal To Noize who said he'd be happy to host these. I'd just like someone to load them up as well and double-check they're loading/playing back OK.
Can you please, please repost that fileset?
It's expired.
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilwilkes View Post
Can you please, please repost that fileset?
It's expired.
Here you go. Another 7 days...

True Stereo M7 for Altiverb

R.
Old 5th December 2009
Lives for gear

Somehow I never got these working with Altiverb but luckily with Waves they do
( the presets can be found from the site )

Matti
Old 5th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT View Post
I just scanned through the post and found the presets for waves for the M7. Does anyone have the presets (I think it is the .xps file for waves) for the other impulses that are available on the signaltonoize website such as the H3000, SPX's and stuff? Or can someone tell me how to make them?

Thanks and God bless

Reb
I don't know if you ever found the links (on the "The Reverb 6000 IR Music Pack" thread), but here they are:

signaltonoize.com - PCM 70 , PCM 90, TC 6000, Lex 300, Lex 480, QRS-XL, SPX 990, H3000 - Waves IR-1 Presets.zip

signaltonoize.com - Bricasti M7 (True Stereo) - Waves IR-1 - Presets.zip

I haven't got round to uploading the two most recent signaltonoize.com library presets yet..... I'll post here when I have.

Al
Old 5th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Hey there,

I've been using these impulse responses with LAconvolver and they're great!
In fact they're a lot better than a number of "pro" IR's i have here.

This M7 seems to sound really good ---> on my wishlist!

And thanks for the IR's, gave me the impulse (arf...) to start doing some myself with my old SDR1000 and other gear!
Old 5th December 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks heaps, very useful

Thanks heaps for the impulses,

Great impulses from a great HW device,

Although these impulses are some of the best sounding reverb i've heard (loading in VIA altiverb), it's still no where in the same league as the real bricasti, kinda like a perfect Mona-Lisa copy, looks the same, but doesn't have all the nice artifacts like the original, same as UAD Neve compared to Hardware neve.
Doesn't breath like the bricasti, but!!!

I'm incredibly happy, won't get my bricasti for a few months, so i'm using these and they sound incredible

thanks heaps!
Old 22nd December 2009
xcn
Here for the gear

Could you please reupload True Stereo M7 for Altiverb.
thanks.
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcn View Post
Could you please reupload True Stereo M7 for Altiverb.
thanks.
Sure there you go... True Stereo M7 for Altiverb

R.
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Ol' Betsey, could you post the name change technique you used to make it altiverb compatible?

(so i dont have to re-download everything - as i am a poor dial up user- yes ppl still use dialup!)

thanks - i would much appreciate it
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjointed View Post
Ol' Betsey, could you post the name change technique you used to make it altiverb compatible?

(so i dont have to re-download everything - as i am a poor dial up user- yes ppl still use dialup!)

thanks - i would much appreciate it
Oh man, I really can't remember the whole process. It wasn't easy that's for sure. Or I should say it was easy but really time-consuming.

I seem to remember it involved splitting the files, then copying the files, then batch renaming all four files. I think? Honestly, it was like one of those trial and error 6am type things.

I know I'll never try and do it again though that's for sure!

Honestly, It'll take you less time to just download it. And if you really want to figure out the process just sift through the posts a few pages back and work out the work-flow.

Sorry I can't be of more help Disjointed.

R.
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

What are you Altiverb guys doing to shave off the 'swush' (swish?) at the end of the True Stereo impulses?

I find I REALLY like the sound/space of these (Rhythminmind impulses) alongside the Acoustica M7's but, as noted earlier in the thread, the tails are actually much nicer in the Acousticas.

Hmmm....

R.
Old 3rd January 2010
Quote:
What are you Altiverb guys doing to shave off the 'swush' (swish?) at the end of the True Stereo impulses?
what's wrong with using an envelope to shorten the decay time? i use apple/logic/space designer for convolution verbs, not altiverb, but doesnt altiverb have some kind of envelope control? too easy?
Old 3rd January 2010

Quote:
Sure there you go... True Stereo M7 for Altiverb

R.
Its reached its download limit

matt
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11413 View Post
what's wrong with using an envelope to shorten the decay time? i use apple/logic/space designer for convolution verbs, not altiverb, but doesnt altiverb have some kind of envelope control? too easy?
Too easy to what? Change the decay characteristics of a reverb? Well, uhm, yes it is easy enough to shorten the decay but that's not really the point, is it? If I'm using a nice plate I would kind of like the natural decay of said plate. Or at least as natural as we're going to get in the unnatural environment of impulses.

Having said that, Altiverb doesn't really have the same type of volume envelope controls as Sound Designer either.

And before you ask me why I don't use Sound Designer... I had a hell of a time trying to get the True Stereo files loaded into Sound Designer. If you read through the thread you'll see it's not so simple. In order to do it properly there's a whole sequence of rigmarole to go through and even after I did two or three presets it didn't seem to sound as nice as Altiverb.

Could have been user error in setting up the presets but, frankly, I'd spent too much time with already by that point and just settled on using Altiverb.

R.
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
Its reached its download limit

matt
EDIT: True Stereo M7 for Altiverb

I'll pop it up again now for you Matti.

Rhythminmind said he was going to host these some time ago but probably forgot?

Oh and just a little note to all of you... Rhythm has lots of other great stuff on his site (Signaltonoize) to check out. And if you're feeling generous maybe you could donate a little to help his cause?

Good luck,

R.
Old 3rd January 2010

Quote:

thanks!

downloading now..

matt
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

I already had these ;-)

Matti
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTI View Post
I already had these ;-)

Matti
Whoops. Matti? Matt? A guy can get confused around these parts!

R.
Old 3rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Rhythminmind said he was going to host these some time ago but probably forgot?

Oh and just a little note to all of you... Rhythm has lots of other great stuff on his site (Signaltonoize) to check out. And if you're feeling generous maybe you could donate a little to help his cause?

Good luck,

R.
Thanks, Ol' Betsey I am downloading them right now...

If you want to, i can upload them to my server and post the link, so you won't have a download limit...

Rhythmind... Great Job on these.... really like these impulses... they really helped my mixes here...
Old 4th January 2010
Fantastic! Many thx!
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by taturana View Post
Thanks, Ol' Betsey I am downloading them right now...

If you want to, i can upload them to my server and post the link, so you won't have a download limit...

Rhythmind... Great Job on these.... really like these impulses... they really helped my mixes here...
Hi Taturana,

You're more than welcome.

And sure that would great if you wanted to host them more permanently. They're not really mine, I've just shifted them over to Altiverb but if Rhythinmind needs more hosting space I'm sure he'd be happy to have them available.

Cheers,

R.
Old 5th January 2010
Deleted 37a7726
I support the effort for altiverb presets, But that archive is incomplete. It's only 50mb or so, with the original being around 270mb. After looking at the included files it seems most of the true stereo ir's are missing. Every preset needs to use all 4 channels. Example - one of the chambers is missing the RR channel..
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythminmind View Post
I support the effort for altiverb presets, But that archive is incomplete. It's only 50mb or so, with the original being around 270mb. After looking at the included files it seems most of the true stereo ir's are missing. Every preset needs to use all 4 channels. Example - one of the chambers is missing the RR channel..
You're absolutely right! How in the heck did that happen?

I'm uploading the full set now. It's actually 340mb. (New Link: True Stereo M7 for Altiverb)

Will update the link here when it's done.

But Rhythm, do you happen to know what causes the swush on the normal stereo files by any chance?

Cheers and thanks again for all your work!

R.
Old 6th January 2010
Deleted 37a7726
Quote:
You're absolutely right! How in the heck did that happen?

I'm uploading the full set now. It's actually 340mb.

Will update the link here when it's done.

But Rhythm, do you happen to know what causes the swush on the normal stereo files by any chance?

Cheers and thanks again for all your work!

R.

It's a low level artifact from deconvolution on a few of the presets...

Glad your getting some good use out of them..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search