The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Fruity loops too unprofessional?
Old 6th July 2010
  #61
Lives for gear
 
badmark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzle View Post
mixing wise its not great at all and the gain structure on its a little funny plus not accurate to know whats goin on, so if used carefully and tracks are exported at max res you CAN get pro results if used in harmony with a pro platform to mixdown + record audio.
Agree + disagree.

I always end up mixing down projects in Reaper, because its mixing area and the flexibility of its buss routing is much more intuitive and easy to get your head round than is Fruity's. for me, anyway. And the gain structure is a bit fiddly.

But (and I'm using an MBox2Pro as audio interface) I do find it easier to record audio into Fruity than into Reaper, mostly because (a) I have a Blue Snowball usb mic I sometimes use for recording rough vocals. It doesn't matter what drivers I use. Reaper doesn't recognize it or let me use it. Fruity does. (b) When I try and bounce 4 tracks of audio off my 4 track into the computer, Reaper won't configure the MBox line 3 & 4 ins as separate mono inputs. Fruity does.


As always YMMV, horses for courses ...
Old 6th July 2010
  #62
Lives for gear
 
Teddy Ray's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaT View Post
I remember there once was a program called Hammerhead (or something like that)
this you mean?

HammerHead Rhythm Station - Introduction
Old 6th July 2010
  #63
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
what are you, a fruity warrior with an impressive 30-weekend experience?

Learn to read kid.

I never said Cubase's audio engine sounds better than frootyloops'
Yes you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
When you talk audio engine, Cubase owns fruity a thousand times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post



When you talk MIDI, Cubase and Logic own fruity a thousand times.


FL's midi is far more intuitive than any other DAW out there. Anyone want to disagree with that? .... Didn't think so.

<DELETED BY MODERATOR>

In terms of creating music, ultimately it's the producer themselves that is the most important tool.
Old 6th July 2010
  #64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ray View Post
Wow, lots of memories from HammerHead! The first computer-based sequencer I used! heh
Old 6th July 2010
  #65
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post


The statement that Cubase's audio engine is better than that of fruitloops does not necessarily imply that it "sounds better" as you ignorant trolls stubbornly need to rephrase it. A DAW's "audio engine" is NOT a speaker. Is that too complex to digest?

if you don't understand why, ask politely, instead of your online yelling... like I am going to get scared... hahaha, yeah right.
So are you going to clarify what you meant with that claim on the audio engine? Someone already asked you to clarify what you meant about that. Or will you simply keep generalizing the FL user base?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
A DAW's "audio engine" is NOT a speaker. Is that too complex to digest?
No one said anything like this. Your statement was so broad that any assumption could have been made. Please clarify what you were referring to.
Old 6th July 2010
  #66
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
No wonder why the few users worth something NEVER visit your forums or why they very soon leave.
A products quality is based on who visits the products forums? What?
Old 6th July 2010
  #67
Lives for gear
 
badmark's Avatar
m127

your posts reminded me of this song



Que lo disfrutas, jefe!
Old 6th July 2010
  #68
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Ugh, whatever. You want to believe FL's feature set is equal or superior to that of PT or Cubase or Logic? Fine! Fine! Go crazy!

Now relax. Here's your professional pacifier:
Does it get naked at the very least? No? OK... No wonder, that would make frootloops rated for mature audiences. A pregnant cartoonish Asian girl is not like a great choice for kid fruity warriors either though...

dfegad

Fl chan is a silly add on that in no affects FL in a negative, or positive way. It most certainly doesn't encompass what FL can do.

You still have yet to clarify what you meant when you referred to the audio engine of FL and Cubase.

I personally don't think you actually can clarify what you meant. If you could, you would have done it already.

I would love to completely ignore this idiot and move on with the thread please.
Old 6th July 2010
  #69
Fezzle
Guest
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmark View Post
Agree + disagree.

I always end up mixing down projects in Reaper, because its mixing area and the flexibility of its buss routing is much more intuitive and easy to get your head round than is Fruity's. for me, anyway. And the gain structure is a bit fiddly.

But (and I'm using an MBox2Pro as audio interface) I do find it easier to record audio into Fruity than into Reaper, mostly because (a) I have a Blue Snowball usb mic I sometimes use for recording rough vocals. It doesn't matter what drivers I use. Reaper doesn't recognize it or let me use it. Fruity does. (b) When I try and bounce 4 tracks of audio off my 4 track into the computer, Reaper won't configure the MBox line 3 & 4 ins as separate mono inputs. Fruity does.




As always YMMV, horses for courses ...
Hey fair enough mate, I just find myself wanting good plugins n stuff, actually tho I have done some mixes on old fruityloops about ten yrs ago, that tbh.. rival or better alot of my stuff now!.. which makes me wonder, I can take for granted my ears really are the best tools I have stike
Old 6th July 2010
  #70
Lives for gear
It's usually just looked at as a starting point and a lot of what can be done in it sounds the same after awhile with the stock sounds MOST all use. 3 out of 5 college dorm rooms have it next to a imac with maybe a midi keyboard maybe and it's all of a sudden a real studio and everyone is on there way to fame dawg making money, g-unit<--i'm being cocky that's the stereotype that most people stick on it. white suburban college kids sitting around thinking they're genius.

I really think that's what give it it's bad name. People open it up, push play, push buttons and play back the samples. Most people who use it have no idea what midi is and some do. I've played with it for fun probably a year ago and i think it's just cheesy honestly. I think Reason would even be a better step and I used fruity loops in 1998 and within 6 months moved to reason then a year later to protools and 10 years later I do everything in Logic with au plugs,rosetta,api lunch box, midi under one DAW no rewire! Finally found one DAW to call home for the first time as a composer and doing actual tracking and mixing.

It really just comes from the more seasoned pro that has a studio they worked hard at and put time into and then seeing the neighbor kids thinking they are superstars blaring it all day long...yes my old neighbors did this and it gave me more of a dislike for it along with bad white boy rap.
Old 6th July 2010
  #71
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
When you talk audio engine, Cubase owns fruity a thousand times.
Ok I will be the one to ask.

Could you please elaborate on this comment?

This thread seems to have gone a little haywire. While I agree with some of what m127 says, I do not know FL enough to comment on most features (Cubase and DP user here).

I am really curious about the core differences in their audio engine.
Old 6th July 2010
  #72
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
....
Does it get naked at the very least? No? OK... No wonder, that would make frootloops rated for mature audiences. A pregnant cartoonish Asian girl is not like a great choice for kid fruity warriors either though...

dfegad
Lol, that's what its all about!!!

Dude, I never thought of that girl dancer as pregnant. I think she looks funky, and fun. But I guess humour is not your strong side.

I think you are projecting your own mind onto that VST: "Oh no, can't look at the young pregnant girl. I can't focus."
Old 6th July 2010
  #73
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by arianclap View Post
well thank you for a great story. it really touched me
you might find it cheezy.
I find logic very cheezy.


dfegad just to set the sessions up to export is a major pain in it. to make new instrument tracks with SAME channel strip...to save on CPU for Kicks, Snares, etc. Unfortunately,logic will bounce all tracks in the arrange window associated with that channel strip to one stereo track....i.e. making a drum comp instead of having them seperate....this is TOTALLY lame.you literally have to go back in and duplicate tracks with same channel strip, copy the midi info over to new tracks...too many hoops...dfegad

every DAW have it's own problems don't start brotutt
LOL

Troll is a Troll.
Old 6th July 2010
  #74
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg082 View Post
...
...yes my old neighbors did this and it gave me more of a dislike for it along with bad white boy rap.
Lol, things are really on topic. It gave you a dislike for w.b.-rap, you haven't used it in years and Reason is the better step sequencer?!

Everyone:
Can we raise the standard a bit, no offense, but seriously, try to be a bit more proffessional when assessing software.
Old 6th July 2010
  #75
Lives for gear
Well, I'm not taking it that serious to heart. I don't like white boy rap to begin with and I'm just being one to present another point of view that a lot do have. You just pulled that one thing I said and generalized me too. Yeah I think reason is well put together, more logical and has more to offer than fruity loops IMO. I don't use either fl or reason.

can I be a troll now too? dfegad
Old 6th July 2010
  #76
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by arianclap View Post
If you're saying that then you don't know sland about FL and yes.
a complete DAW is not comparable with reason the right hand of PT.
if someone just downloaded the ****ing demo and played around with it doesn’t mean
that they know **** about that DAW man.

I think that you are a true professional.
Judging a DAW because of your neighbors dfegad

Old 6th July 2010
  #77
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg082 View Post
Well, I'm not taking it that serious to heart. ...
Well, actually I'm happy you say that. My point was to provoke/manhandle the thread back on track, because the topic is interesting:

Is FL Studio a good DAW for gearslutz? Yes, on many accounts. On some accounts it is worse, on some accounts it is better. And better/worse is always subjective so we need FACTS! Only facts help, and the program developed a LOT since 10 years ago.

The audio engine is not worse in FL. There. Over. There is a commercial CD available only to prove this point.

Important thing though: Options -> audio settings. Here you can choose to monitor in low quality, enhancing tracking/efx performance. It is not set to full by default!


Use your ears - and rtfm.
Old 7th July 2010
  #78
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Far out...!
Old 7th July 2010
  #79
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Hey Justin, please check your PMs.

I just sent you my answer to your kind question. I am 99.9% of the time a very generous, sharing person, but in this case (which includes animals yelling at their own ignorance), let's skip that. Please don't post my message here. Let them keep living in ignorance.




.
Thanks for the insight and PM
Old 7th July 2010
  #80
Lives for gear
 

Beyonce's "Upgrade You" track was produced using FL.
Old 7th July 2010
  #81
Gear Addict
 

I just received an infraction because I called out m127.

This forum is BS, and so are you m127.

You still have yet to explain what you meant by that earlier comment.
Old 7th July 2010
  #82
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
It was not me who got that asian cartoon doll pregnant!!! I can assure you that!!

.
You blind animals. You need to get out and bang something. This cartoon doll is not pregnant (LOL for 15 minutes). If you are pointing to the "round" stomach then just wow. That green thing is some sort of shield. What? No one watched Ninja Turtles 15 years ago
Old 7th July 2010
  #83
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
Ok I will be the one to ask.



I am really curious about the core differences in their audio engine.
Lucky day for you because you can stop being beaten by curiosity - Simply there is NO DIFFERENCE in audio engine. And you know what? It is not my opinion - it is a (very easy to prove - null test) FACT!

There is no difference in audio engine between Cubase vs FL Studio vs Mammamia
Old 7th July 2010
  #84
Gear Addict
 
John_Seward's Avatar
 

Why do people think FL sounds like crap? Beacuse most of the people using it, and thereby promoting it, usally suck.
Old 7th July 2010
  #85
Lives for gear
 
Phaidon's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
A pregnant cartoonish Asian girl is not like a great choice for kid fruity warriors either though...

dfegad
Gee!
First you call on FL for its hidden "gay nature"(older thread), now this!
Do you see dead ppl too? lol!
Scary...
Old 7th July 2010
  #86
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianclap View Post
so you think Deadmau5.david vandetta.dax morillo.etc....suck?
dfegadahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.
I have moredfegad
A lot of people here thing deadmau5 sucks actually. I for one like his older stuff. Ever since that recent Pendulum remix I've kind of distanced myself from his newer works.

He clearly knows how to use his tools though.

I'm thoroughly convinced most of the people on this forum could care less about making actual music.
Old 7th July 2010
  #87
TOOLS cannot be "unprofessional", only people can. When it comes to music, all bets are off. Some "unprofessional" tools I've used in various recordings:

-Fisher Price-esque drum toy
-12 gauge shotgun
-cheapie "made in taiwan" socket wrenches
-Live news broadcast captured straight from TV speaker
-SD2 Sample-rate converter (POS software- destroys audio beautifully)
-Hand held microcasette recorder
-iPhone
-I could go on and on...

Use what you've got and do your best to make it sound KILLER! Don't even spend a second worrying about what other people think about your tools.thumbsup
Old 20th July 2010
  #88
Use whatever tool works for you! Don't worry about looking 'unprofessional' you should use the tool you have the most control over and you can be the most creative on, it's the result that matters. When the TB-303 came out it looked like a toy, pro's thought it was a joke, look at how many hits have been created on them. If fruity loops works for you then use it.
Old 20th July 2010
  #89
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
This is really quite simple. Professional gear always has the word "Pro" in its name. Like, MacBook Pro, or Logic Pro. Now, immediately you know you are going to get professional results out of it. Whereas, a MacBook is clearly quite unprofessional.
Ok I understand this whole professional gear situation now, i think..

what about the other way around you know with pro before it rather than after?. I mean is pro-tools professional?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump