The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Audiosystem to connect a Mac and a FatBustard
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Head

Interfacing a Mac and a FatBustard

Hi,

I have, on the one hand, a MacPro running Logic and on the other hand several pieces of hardware — among which a Thermionic Fat Bustard and an Anamod ATS-1 — plus a few external hardware keyboards, instruments & processors.
Now I'm looking to put the right audio-interface in the middle of it. I obviously need to be able sum through the Bustard/Anamod-combo (*) and have enough audio inputs left to connect at least 4 (stereo) instruments and maybe some external hardware FX (I still have a TC M2000, for example, which I'd like to hook up again).
The Mac will be one of those brand new Nehalem 2.93 ones — haven't got it yet, it's ordered — and I might be using one of its PCI-e slots for an UAD2 system sometime in the future. Other than that, all of its slots are free. Somehow I seem to feel most comfortable with a PCI-e based audio-interface, rather than anything Firewire-based (but I might be wrong about that?).

I'd appreciate some suggestions that will help me find the best possible solution for completing this particular set-up. I want something solid, reliable and with seriously good audio quality. I already have a few ideas of my own, but a few other opinions would be very welcome. Many thanks in advance!

(*) The Bustard has 8 inputs, 4 of which are stereo.

_

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search