The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Why is this laptop so expensive?
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Why is this laptop so expensive?

Hi,

HP HDX 18t Premium Laptop 320 GB HD QUAD CORE INTEL - eBay (item 180367099911 end time Jun-19-09 12:29:46 PDT)

This is much more expensive than the other quadcore laptops, why?

Would it be even more expensive with 7400 rpm?

Cheers
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear
I have no idea but it's SO not worth the money. Maybe if it had the 2.5 GHz quad as that chip cost about $800 on its own.

if your doing anything audio related, need a laptop, and don't give a fig about battery life NOTHING touches the Clevo/Sager I7. ADK sells it, you can search for it cheaper online but if you get it from ADK it's guaranteed to work.

ADK Pro Audio offers Apple Workstations for: Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sequoia, Samplitude, Cubase SX, Sonar 3, Pro Audio components, Pro Audio hardware, Pro Audio software

If you ain't in a rush, the "real" mobile I5/I7 laptos will be out soon. Maybe one of them might even be able to pull off a 3-hour battery.
Old 18th June 2009
Gear Maniac

Smile HP price

Hi disco judas !
There is no way that this guy is serious ! The price of this laptop starts at $1199 from HP. Fully loaded is $1699. LoL, this guy is trying to get twice the amount.
Crazy !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search