The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
BEGINNING TO EXPERT LOGIC PRO LESSONS!!!! LA AREA.
Old 14th August 2005
Lives for gear

BEGINNING TO EXPERT LOGIC PRO LESSONS!!!! LA AREA.

I'm posting this for a friend. He teaches Logic Pro 7 and knows every aspect of it. He charges 75.00 an hour. He will drive to your house if you live in or near LA.

James Oliver: 310-801-4745
WWW.tonesintime.com
Old 17th August 2005
Lives for gear

I thought I knew everything about this program. Wow, was I wrong. An hour with this guy could change your life.
Old 17th August 2005
Lives for gear

For 75 an hour i'll teach you logic..do your washing..and drive your mum to the shops and back..make dinner!
Old 17th August 2005
Lives for gear

There's room for negotiations with his price. I've taken lessons from the guys that chage 30.00 an hour. I didn't have any luck. This guy not only knows everything about Logic, but about Macs. What he will do for you, will blow your mind. That's why I'm reccomending him. Trust me. thumbsup thumbsup
Old 17th August 2005
Lives for gear

i do believe this is a discussion board, not a "selling & self-promotion" board.

thanks for your consideration.
Old 17th August 2005
Lives for gear

Point taken. However, i'm not promoting myself, or getting anything out of this. Just thought that maybe there were some slutz in need of something like this.
Old 17th August 2005
For $999 you can take a whole semester of classes at UCLA Extension which is actually an Apple Certification course in Logic. I think audiomidi.com is also offering high level classes in Logic for similar money (they are also located in So. Cal). I would take one of those courses of study, and only *then* consider paying someone consulting rates to come in and help me knock the last details into place.
Old 17th August 2005
If you've got the time, I like the idea of the extension course. The fellowship of other users can be even more valuable than the instruction. A lot of times there are people in the audiences of those classes who know far, far more than the teachers -- who are, after all, often people who are either teaching a course to promote themselves or to puff up their resume -- or because industry downturns have meant that they can't find 'real' work.

That said, the right guy or gal might well be worth $75/hr to sort out particular issues and one-on-one instruction is often far less time consuming than classroom instruction. (Back when I was learning to do computer dev, I got sick of looking at 80's computer courses that took a semester to give you about 5 or 6 hours of actual information.)

Don't forget, $75/ hr isn't much more or less than what you're going to pay to get your car worked on -- at least here in Cali.
Old 18th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace
For $999 you can take a whole semester of classes at UCLA Extension which is actually an Apple Certification course in Logic. I think audiomidi.com is also offering high level classes in Logic for similar money (they are also located in So. Cal). I would take one of those courses of study, and only *then* consider paying someone consulting rates to come in and help me knock the last details into place.
I agree. It's a waste of money having this guy show you the basics. I used him for a few hours to take me to defcon 6.
Old 2nd September 2005
Lives for gear

Bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search