The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Standalone light-pipe box???
Old 12th August 2005
Standalone light-pipe box???

So I have extra inputs on my 192s in the form of lightipipe but no way of using them. I know that alesis makes a box of converters that kicks out lightpipe but is there anything decent? I just want 8 analog ins and a simple digital out but so far I havent been able to find one .
Old 12th August 2005
Lives for gear

I recently had to deal with this same thing. I was trying to get 8 in's to a 002 rig so I could sync it to our HD rig for live recording.

The winner was a Pre-sonus digimax light. Don't buy any of the Motu units. $hit don't work standalone.
Old 12th August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
I recently had to deal with this same thing. I was trying to get 8 in's to a 002 rig so I could sync it to our HD rig for live recording.

The winner was a Pre-sonus digimax light. Don't buy any of the Motu units. $hit don't work standalone.
I looked at the Presonus but to be honest everything I have used of thiers was pretty much crap so the thought of using thier converters scares me. I dont really feel any better using Presonus over Alesis tbh. Thanks for the reply though! I guess Iw ill keep looking for something that sounds decent but wont necessitate selling a kidney,
Old 12th August 2005
Lives for gear

Panasonic used to make a 8 analog-in with a lightpipe output.
I think one or two other a/d manufacturers do too including the Frontier Tango 24.

Old 12th August 2005
I'll see if I can take one of those RMEs for a spin and see how it sounds. Thanks.
Old 12th August 2005
Gear Maniac

See ifg you can find a Lucid AD8824. 8channels ad/da, with adat (lightpipe).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search