The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic's Space Designer IR question
Old 5th June 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Logic's Space Designer IR question

Hi guys, hope youre all fine, Im having some trouble making some IR's work on Logic's space designer.
Thing is, I got a spirit canyon audio IR cd and it has .wav impulses. The thing is that Space Designer uses .sdir.
I know I can use .wav from the Sample IR menu in Space designer but what I want is to make them .sdir in order to have them in the preset menu so I can use the arrows to scroll through the impulses.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th June 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Click the "-" button beside the IR Sample button and select Load IR. After the IR is loaded, go to the drop down menu (where you select presets from), and select "save setting as". Name it, and you are good to go.
Old 5th June 2009 | Show parent
DTA
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Another option is to use the Impulse Response Utility, located in your Applications/Utilities Folder.
You can load the .wav files into it and the app will convert it to .sdir, will place that file in the correct folder and will write a preset file you can chosse in the Space Designer menu.
Old 8th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTA View Post
Another option is to use the Impulse Response Utility, located in your Applications/Utilities Folder.
You can load the .wav files into it and the app will convert it to .sdir, will place that file in the correct folder and will write a preset file you can chosse in the Space Designer menu.
I've been trying for an hour today without success, could you explain me how to do that please?

Thanks!
Old 8th June 2009 | Show parent
DTA
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Basically you just drag your .wav file into the upper half of the Impulse Response Utility window. The app draws a waveform. After that you just hit the button "create space designer setting" and the utility will create a menu setting out of the original name of the impulse file and place it in the proper folder. A small info will pop up telling you exactely which files were created and where they are saved.

However, sometimes there´s a problem importing .wav files – the utility just refuses to accept it. If this is the problem you´re running into, try to batch convert the .wav to a.aif files, 24bit before feeding them into the Impulse app.
Old 25th October 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
DTA, I tried this in Logic 9.1.8's IR utilitiy but can't seem to find a way to import WAVs. Any idea? Which lgic version did you use?

Thanks!
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You might want to check out Space Designer Manager from 3R Audio. I use it to batch-create Space Designer preset files from folders full of IR wavs. It sure beats importing each wav or sdir into SD and then manually saving a preset for each one. I created hundreds of SD presets from folder upon folder of downloaded wavs. It doesn't care if they are sdir or wav files. Worth every penny.

3R Audio
Old 25th October 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Wow, amazing! Just what I was looking for!!
Old 29th July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTA View Post
Basically you just drag your .wav file into the upper half of the Impulse Response Utility window. The app draws a waveform. After that you just hit the button "create space designer setting" and the utility will create a menu setting out of the original name of the impulse file and place it in the proper folder. A small info will pop up telling you exactely which files were created and where they are saved.

However, sometimes there´s a problem importing .wav files – the utility just refuses to accept it. If this is the problem you´re running into, try to batch convert the .wav to a.aif files, 24bit before feeding them into the Impulse app.
Thank you, this was very helpful.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear