The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Samplitude 8.2 and Radikal SAC2K
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Addict

Samplitude 8.2 and Radikal SAC2K

Anyone got this working properly? After much deliberation I'm finally migrating from Logic 5.5.1 PC to Samp 8.2. The SAC (firmware 3.05) works superbly with Logic, but with Samp it's a bit, er, flaky.

In Logic the SAC automatically configures itself as a Logic Control (LGC), and if I set up for a Mackie Control in Samp, the SAC still configures as a Logic Control, but it does work, well, kinda... Faders, mute, solo, track select etc are all ok, transport is ok, but the tracknames on the LCDs over the faders become erratic when switching banks. Also, the worst bit is that I only get control of the first 25 tracks! No problem in Logic - loaded a 42 track mix without any problems.

I've tried USB, MIDI, LGC mode, and I've tried forcing Mackie mode but Samp slows down to a crawl, forcing me to restart the app. Mackie mode over MIDI worked with faders etc, but no tracknames at all. The SAC control panel for Samp wasn't much use either - apparently it worked a long time ago... So far, LGC and USB seems to be the closest match.

Any ideas? Maybe some kind soul has written/modified a .cps setup file for Samp and the SAC that they's be willing to share?

Cheers

Frank
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Just curious, where did you get the 3.05 firmware?
The website has only .04 versions available..

I've been asking RadTech repeatedly for over a year now,
n o
a n s w e r

ruudman
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

BTW, I voted for "Alaska", the Finn Brothers would be satisfied if
they'd written it

ruudman
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudman
Just curious, where did you get the 3.05 firmware?
The website has only .04 versions available..

I've been asking RadTech repeatedly for over a year now,
n o
a n s w e r

ruudman
3.05 came with my SAC. I bought it on Ebay a couple of weeks ago - it arrived 2 days ago! It was a factory B-stock unit, apparently returned from a dealer. I just had a look on the support CD, but 3.04 is the version there. I just received a detailed email from Joerg in Radikal about the problems with Samplitude - he's really helpful - maybe he'll help you too?

Glad you liked Alaska - I'll put some new stuff up on the site soon, including a full version mastered at Abbey Road.

Hopefully people will start to hear about our band soon - it's the main reason I set up the studio!

Cheers

Frank
Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

Hey, Dr Funk.
Could you please PM me Joerg's current e-mail address,
that if you still got it?

Thanks

BTW, have you tried "Slave" mode?

ruudman

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search