The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digidesign interfaces
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

Digidesign interfaces

Hi people. i am investing in a protools set up and wondered a couple of things; can i succesfully link interfaces of different bit rates? i.e. 882|16 + 888|20 + 88|24 + 888|24. And, also, is it possible to link these interfaces, with multiple bit rates, to a core card with a differing bit rate to the interfaces also?

Thanks
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
investing in a protools set up
Bend over and get ready heh (Joking)

Buy anyway. Yes you can used different interfaces, but if I remember correctly, the each session will be limited to recording at one sample rate. and only two interfaces per card. So double check first.

and whats an 88/24?
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear
what nuk said. AFAIK digi is in no hurry to support multiple sample rates in the same session. i like PT, but that's a real bummer for me - i think logic does support different sample rates in the same session.
Old 4th August 2005
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic
Bend over and get ready heh
Old 5th August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by raal
what nuk said. AFAIK digi is in no hurry to support multiple sample rates in the same session. i use PT, but that's a real bummer for me - i think logic does support different sample rates in the same session.
I've heard at least one industry guy (who works for a a hardware/software company) suggest that their experience shows Logic's support for multiple, simultaneous sample rates might be 'problematic.'

I haven't heard anything else, myself, but I'm really interested to hear if anyone's tried it or is using it.

I don't personally have any use for it (simply because everything I do is 44.1) but I could see certain broadcast, production, and service sector areas where such a capability would be pretty magical, indeed.

(Mind you, the whole notion of multiple simulaneous SR support sounds magical in itself, to me. It's such a fundamental 'impossibility' in my mindset. Then again, I was surprised when voice-to-MIDI controllers appeared.)

Anyone using that feature of Logic?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search