The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Nuendo 3.0 MAC version any good for Dubbing n mixing?
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Nuendo 3.0 MAC version any good for Dubbing n mixing?

I am planning to upgrade my DAW from from Digi Mix++++, mainly because of track count. While going to HD is still an expensive option...i started looking into running Nuendo 3.0 mac on a mac G5 (as it would give me higher track count than Mix+, and cheaper Plugs).....I know many uses Nuendo as a Post or mixing, as i work by projects (i.e. tracking, vocal and mixing..) I was wondering how is the latency issue of Nuendo 3.0 mac 4 dubbing? I heard the Mac version does not have direct monitoring yet?
How about Auto delay compensation....besides, I do mixing with alots of outboards...how is the delay issue again?

Please do not turn the thread into a Nuendo vs protools HD.

I just want to know if Nuendo MAC version--a reliable, trouble free DAW for both dubbing and mixing.

I know the Nuendo PC version have mo functions and are more optimized. But While I use Logic Pro(Mac) to do my prgrammings...I just dont want to deal with two computers in the same room....clumsy work-flow habit and noise issue.
Old 4th August 2005
azz
Gear Head

Unfortunutly i can onaly speek for PC Nuendo but i was wondering who told u that the Mac version does not have direct monitoring yet? Seams realy stupid to leve it out.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

I read somewhere on a thread. Please correct me if I am mis info...
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

that is correct... there is no direct monitoring yet in Nuendo 3 (or 2) on Mac OSX. It worked fine on OS9... but right when Nuendo 2 was coming out, apple released their CORE AUDIO protocol, and said nothing else would work on a Mac. Nuendo was built based on the ASIO protocol, and they had to scramble to get a working version for Mac...

Talking to the people at Steinberg (now Yamaha) they keep promising it will be in the next revision of OSX, then the next, then the next... but we've been waiting since Nuendo 2 first came out, and still nothing.

Aside from this issue, Nuendo 3 runs pretty well on Mac. It runs better on a PC though.

Aaron
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

You may want to consider SX3 instead of Nuendo if you do not need all the post pro stuff.Latency compensation for external FX works great and the 3.1 update due soon will also compensate for outboard midi instruments.SX3 runs great for me on a Mac and with freeze I can run huge projects and stability is very good as well.In regards to direct monitoring I do not see it as such an issue if you get an RME soundcard and use totalmix for all your monitoring duties.
Old 20th September 2005
Here for the gear

Anyone using N3 on a PC Laptop? Just curious.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search