The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
using your fone as a remote controller for cubase/logic/etc
Old 3rd August 2005
using your fone as a remote controller for cubase/logic/etc

tip of the day.

if you have a bluetooth enabled phone and a bluetooth adapter for your computer, you can use these to stop/play/record/ffw whatever from your phone. handy while recording drums alone in the studio!

for pc
http://www.lim.com.au/PuppetMaster/

for mac
http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/

i know u can get remote controllers for DAWs for about $150 but this works with the phone which youre likely to carry around anyway and costs about $20! actually you can use them for a lot remote controlling just about anything.. itunes.. media player
Old 3rd August 2005
Best post of the year so far.

heh
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

Hey there, I've been doing this for quite some time ( wrote a set of controls for DP, and ProTools a year and a half back).

Things to be aware of.

A GSM phone in the studio can generate garbage that will be picked up by your microphones/cables/guitar. If you're not carefull, you'll end up with hash in your recordings.

It is cool when you working alone tho =)

Regards

ju
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

Awesome!
Old 3rd August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by fum
Hey there, I've been doing this for quite some time ( wrote a set of controls for DP, and ProTools a year and a half back).

Things to be aware of.

A GSM phone in the studio can generate garbage that will be picked up by your microphones/cables/guitar. If you're not carefull, you'll end up with hash in your recordings.

It is cool when you working alone tho =)

Regards

ju
cool yeah thats something ive been wondering about.. how good does the shielding need to be to keep that interference out... bluetooth is like 2.4ghz innit.. the same as WIFI. how can that come down to the hearable range?

GSM does do that frequently, every time u get a call or a text, but thats 800mhz i think?
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

So that's what the mean when the say "dial in a mix"....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search