time
within Logic.

However, there´s be some changes about that very soon. Please stay
patient
and enter our website frequently.
Old 21st April 2003
Mac Moderator

Hmmm,
Sounds like a new version of ESB to me... as the 'current' one supports Directconnect which is now over in OSX...

My guess is that it will work AU into the new OSX RTAS based softsynth archetecture

Al.
Old 27th April 2003
Lives for gear

"Sounds like a new version of ESB to me..."

Yep, but not via AU. It's going to utilize ReWire.

** Be aware that Protools will likely never adopt au as a format. This CANNOT happen unless Digi comes out with a radically different DSP card (which we desperately need, but, you know, that would cost Digi money....)

Au was designed for 32-bit floating-point math, not 48-bit fixed.
-------------------------------------

However, the good news is two-fold:

1: ReWire allows much more refined midi-implementation that D-Connect did.

2: According to Propellerheads, reWire adds ZERO latency to the signal flow, as opposed to D-C's best-case 3.2 ms @ 44.1K. Whether or not this zero-latency will actually happen under real-world conditions remains to be seen, but I can't wait for PT 6.1 !

It may actually be possible to run a Logic-TDM mixer with zero-latency on the ESX. Ditto for running the ESX into Protools. Fingers crossed....
Old 27th April 2003
Mac Moderator

erm.... Yes we're aware of Rewire in ProTools 6.1. But the original post was concerning using AU as well as TDM within Logic Platinum.

Do you mean Logic will Implement Rewire not just for Reason or Live (when they get it to work with Live!!) But also for AU Instruments?? How will this work? They're all the same app....

Al.
Old 27th April 2003
Lives for gear

MCal,

I was responding to your mention of a new esb-bridge, not the original post. Since the esb system currently requires D-C, not RTAS, reWire will be the replacement. ( Otherwise, the current esb system would certainly utilize RTAS.)

As for the original post, it is not clear what specific question Emagic was responding to.

1: Are they saying that you can't use au plugins in Logic-native if you are then going to port that mixer into a TDM mixer? that doesn't make sense.

2: Are they saying that you can't instantiate AU plugins WITHIN a TDM mixer? That's makes plenty of sense.

3: Are they saying that you can't use AU plugins in conjunction with a TDM mixer, in any configuration, simply because you can't yet use Logic with PT-OSX?

Last Legend, can you elaborate a bit?
Old 29th April 2003
Gear Nut

re

number 2

I'd like to use Logic exclusively but I need to have host processing ability. For example, running a soft sampler on an audio track instead of a aux so I can use native plugs on it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search