The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SX3 Device Manager Voodoo
Old 1st August 2005
Gear Maniac

Post SX3 Device Manager Voodoo

Another day, another dollar. No, that's not right. Let me try again.

Another day, another post about an SX3 Device Manager problem. There. That's more what I wanted to say.

Just wrote up a driver. Very simple driver. Only 4 objects. When I installed it into my Default.cpr, I can only get the first 3 parameters to show up on the Arrange Page. In fact, I can only get 3 parameters tracks to show.

Any theories?

Ian
Old 2nd August 2005
Gear Maniac

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/

Probably your best bet, but you probably already know this...
Old 2nd August 2005
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up

Thanks SoulSpace. I did post at Cubase.net and I applogize for taking up room with questions that are only vaguely related to this site, but this Device Manager is embrionic and buggy and nobody seems to have the answers, so I'm left clutching at straws.

All the best,

Ian
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

No problem,

I am no expert but why do you have to "write up a driver"? Can't you just set up what you want in "VST Connections" and save that as a .cpr template with a file name of your choosing to work from in the future with all of the presets you want? I don't know if I'd use "default.cpr".

Maybe I don't understand what you mean when you said you wrote a driver but it seems a little complex for what it seems you want to do...
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

add...

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about VST Device setup... But the same (above) should be true for Midi Device Manager. I take it you wrote a driver to install a midi device not on the pre-installed list? Maybe "Create New Midi Device" is what you need under Device Manager? I think this is what this is for.
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

I was able to finally get everything working last night. There's a post at Cubase.net with a few details that saved my bacon.

Thanks,

Ian
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

thumbsup Great Ian. If you don't mind can you post the link to the post in question on the Cubase forum, and I am interested since I just getting the Cubase SX beast working to it's full potential and trying to learn as much as I can.

Good luck!
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSpace
thumbsup Great Ian. If you don't mind can you post the link to the post in question on the Cubase forum, and I am interested since I just getting the Cubase SX beast working to it's full potential and trying to learn as much as I can.

Good luck!

I can't seem to find it. The bottom line is that you need to tick Preset in the upper part of the dialogue box when you start a new Driver. Then build you Subnodes in the Device ONE CHANNEL AT A TIME STARTING WITH CHANNEL 1. This is very important, it you start adding Subnodes to all the channels at once, the Driver will start linking the Subnodes and you will lose individual control of the separate channels.

Hope that helps,

Ian

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search