The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Scarbee, NI?
Old 29th July 2005
Lives for gear

Scarbee, NI?

Just listened to some demo's of the Scarbee vintage collection (MKI, MKII, Wurlitzer and D6) as well to the Elektrik Piano of NI. Tho' I checked it just out over their websites it sounds to me that Scarbee sounds much more authentic then the NI stuff. Is Scarbee the most authentic virtual Rhodes, Wurlitzer and Clavinet then? Any opinions...

Regards,

Roger
Old 29th July 2005
Gear Addict

i have the scarbe rhodes and wurliter that i use with gigastudio3. i have to tell you that these things sound like the actual keyboards. i run these into fx processor and/or cabs and it really does the trick. you wont be disappointed. trust me on this.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Roger, you can't go wrong with the Scarbee stuff. The only way you'll do better is to track down the actual instruments and have them restored to mint condition...would easily cost you 4 to 5 times as much as the Scarbee library.
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Starr
it sounds to me that Scarbee sounds much more authentic then the NI stuff.
yepp ,Scarbee rhodes is how real 73 mark I sounds like direct .And its in tune unlike my old piece of ****e el piano which is now being used as ashtray/cds/junk table.

NI one is maybe more convinient to use (its VSTi) and it can maybe "gel" better for pop arrangemets ,you got more "presets" etc ,but if you're into authentic sound get Scarbee
Old 31st July 2005
Gear Maniac

Wow i thought electrik piano was very good

I better check out the Scarbee mp3's !
Old 31st July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatzz
Wow i thought electrik piano was very good

I better check out the Scarbee mp3's !
it's not bad at all, scarbee is just better/more authentic. elektrik piano has still it's uses as a sound-source.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search