The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PT Sync Problem...PLEASE HELP!
Old 26th July 2005
Here for the gear

Question PT Sync Problem...PLEASE HELP!

So I'm in the thick of working on an album on an HD2 System. I recently went to a really nice studio to record some grand piano. This studio uses an external clock with their PT system. At the studio the piano sounded great and the entire session seemed fine. When I got back to my HD2 and played the session the piano is slightly out of time with the track. My guess is that the secondary studio was running a different frame rate then the internal PT clock. Is this fixable?
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Question With the right info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disine
Is this fixable?
Does the studio with the grand piano still have the session on their system? If they can open it up and tell you what their setup was, you should be able to use that to fix the problem. Otherwise it involves a good deal of trial and error.
Old 27th July 2005
Here for the gear

Theoretically.....if I knew what the frame rate was set on the external clock....what would be the next step?
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Post shotgun

That's a loaded question. Here's an example of how difficult this can be.

The piano studio was clocked internally at 30FPS, 48kHz. Your system is clocked at 29.97FPS (video reference), 48kHz. You could bounce out your 30FPS, 48kHz audio to 48.048kHz, and then import the bounces into your system at 29.97FPS, 48kHz. The change in reference acts as a pull-down and your 48.048kHz bounces playback at 48kHz.

Maybe that gets the gears going for solving your dilemma. Good luck!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search