The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
G4 MDD and os 9 problem
Old 25th July 2005
Here for the gear

G4 MDD and os 9 problem

I recently purchased a 1G dual G4 MDD, and I want to run a mix system on it with PT 5.1.3.

I read that only 9.2.2 will do, but as this was second hand, I have no OS9 disc... What can I do?!

I have an older G4 (533) which runs OS9.1. That installation disk wont work in my new machine... The OS 10.4 already installed doesn't have the classic option. It says "no os9 installed on this computer" - or something.

The easy answer would be "go buy OS9.2.2", but maybe somebody had a great idea? Will my older system disks run in the new G4?

Thanks
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

I think the 1 gig MDD is a "dual boot" Mac. This means it already has OS 9.2.2 on it. Go to the System Preferences / Startup Disk and see if you can select OS 9.2.2 and restart. While you're in OS 9 do your install of PT and go from there.

I switch back and forth between 9 and X all the time.
Old 25th July 2005
Here for the gear

Yes, you might think that it has OS9 installed, but when I go to classic or startup disk, it says that there's no OS9 installed... Lucky me :(
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

If the MDD is a firewire "800" model, it WILL NOT support OS9.

If it is not, email me i have a 9.1 cd i no longer use. You can download the updates, 9.2.1, 9.2.2 from apples website.

rock

sdf
Old 26th July 2005
Here for the gear

I have 9.1, but it turns out that Apple made special OS's for these machines (MDD). I went for Ebay and purchased OS 9.2.2 there. Hope that solves this problem. Thanks bro.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search