The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MX2424 audio files out of sync in Cubasis
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

MX2424 audio files out of sync in Cubasis

I recently got a SCSI controller card for my PC, and am using the Storcase system to access the MX SCSI drives from my PC. When I try to import audio files into Cubasis, the basic tracks I recorded are all in sync with one another, but the overdubs are all out of sync, but in sync with one another. All tracks are in sync with one another when I'm working from within the MX. Please help/explain.
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

Update/Bump

Bump

I called Tascam today. They are claiming that Cubasis doesn't support the importation of time code. They advised if it did, when I imported the audio I would get pop-ups asking if I wanted to use the original timestamp (I'm not getting any). What do you think of that answer?
Old 26th July 2005
Lives for gear

Cubasis is a piece of garbage starter program. You are trying to do something way more advanced than a beginner "gee wow I got my first soundcard and it came with free software!".

Consider stepping up to a more professional program.
Old 26th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericperson
Cubasis is a piece of garbage starter program. You are trying to do something way more advanced than a beginner "gee wow I got my first soundcard and it came with free software!".

Consider stepping up to a more professional program.
What would you recommend? Since I posted this originally I downloaded the latest most professional version of Cubase, and when I imported the files the same issue occurred: basic tracks in sync, overdubs out of sync. Is this just a typical problem when importing audio files or is it specific to my situation? Thanks.

Last edited by bloodstone; 26th July 2005 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: new information
Old 26th July 2005
Lives for gear

Figured it out

Because I punched the overdubs in and out to save drive space, I do not have a contiguous wave file and the audio has different start and stop times.

I was able to convert to project to tape mode and then with contiguous wave files everything was hunky dory. I can now import the stuff into Cubasis or Cubase or whatever with no problem, all in sync.

Last edited by bloodstone; 27th July 2005 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: new info

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search