The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
help : problems when lauching pt (spare daw)
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

help : problems when lauching pt (spare daw)

Hi,
I am trying to install PT5.1 or PT 5.1.3 TDM on an older G3 beige 233 with 192MB RAM, which until six months ago was doing fine.

This is my Room B spare edit station, with a simple PT24 + adat bridge, two good MAxtor IDE ATA drives with OS 9.2 (Brazilian version).
p.s: This version does fine with my other setup on a G4 QS.

I have followed every step in the manuals, like turn off apple talk, energy saver, disck cache to 512, minimized colors to 256, installed OMS properly, reseated cables, digitest with cards passed....etc

I get the messages BUS ERROR or SYSTEM ERROR or DAE ERROR 11 or ADDRESS ERROR when lauching PT. Sometimes I am able to open the hadware setup window, configure interface and so.

What might I be missing?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

?

Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

My first PTLE rig was a Biege G3/266 and 001. According to digi, only the 001 and the Biege have problems. I remember i had to trim my extension set BIG TIME to get PT to run very well. I remember that add on PCI USB cards were a NO GO too.

Try this too, install PT while you have the disc cache set to maxi, set to 512 reboot and launch PT. I remember i had to do this too....

I was running PTLE 5.2.1 Beta on my G3 and 001, so it should work......

hope this helps

sdf
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

hi

Thanks, guys. In fact I already did all this you suggest me.
THis G3 was doing fine until a few weeks ago. The only difference is a brand new HD MAxtor and OS 9.2 Brazil.
I already tested a mix core on it , substituted the Y cables of the interfaces, etc etc.
OS 9.2 english arrives tomorrow. It is the only thing left.
This brazilian OS 9.2 gos fine my Set-up A on a G4 800 QS.
The funny thing is that as soon as I test memory management on PT and DAe, PT gets more memory than DAE, which is pretty weird, right?
So, I have to retweak.
Hope GOD helps now.
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Make sure your DAE and Digi System Init are the same exact (both 5.1 or both 5.1.3) version. Do a 'get info' (apple+I) to verify. If they are the same I would trash the DigiSystemInit and replace it. It might be corrupt.
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Nut

re-install the pro-tools card(s) maybe?
i've had similar things in the past

brgds
philip
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

hi

already done that also.
:(

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search