The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
is anyine still using logic 5.5?
Old 19th July 2005
Here for the gear

is anyine still using logic 5.5?

just curious and wanted to know if anyone was still using logic 5.5 for pc?
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

a lot of people feel like if it ain't broke no need to add extra stuff..... i'm looking for a copy myself..
Old 19th July 2005
Here for the gear

I am. The day Apple announced that they would discontinue support for PC's I got really really mad and haven't forgiven them since. Still running Logic 5.5.1 on an AMD64 3200+ and loving it. Works great with two PowerCores and a UAD card inside.

In fact, this whole Apple thing turned out to be a good thing after all. I now spend most all of my time recording, no longer upgrading and exploring bugs, problems and unexpected "features".

Mr.Blue.
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlue
In fact, this whole Apple thing turned out to be a good thing after all. I now spend most all of my time recording, no longer upgrading and exploring bugs, problems and unexpected "features".

Mr.Blue.

THATS IT!!!!!

still sittin on 5.5 mac. took a look at 6 and 7...was not impressed.
Old 19th July 2005
Gear Addict

Exactly what MisterBlue said. I was going to make the switch earlier this year but ended up getting more outboard stuff.

5.5.1 on PC here. Works fine - no problems. heh
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

I must have looked into or tried out almost all the other sequencers for pc. Nuendo, sonar etc but no ciiigar. I feel downright impared without logic 5.5.1.

I recently bought into the Uad venture and the lack of latency compensation f*cks me off in a large way, but I'll probably find ways to compensate...... for the lack of compensation....

Pete
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Nut

Wink Logic 5.5.1

stike Still use it on a pc still love it on a pc talk about SOLID !!!It really is a producers dream its like a classic Jazz bass never one to have every new feature but always the one you can rely on for a solid solid performance everytime Great audio * engine *solid soft sampler**more than adequate audio and Uad support.Its still my pick 4 years later for software besides pro tools*** stike stike
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

Logic 5.5.1 on PC here!!
What has REALLY improved since then?
Unless some company will come up with a vsti for which
you'll need the "Flux-capacitor"-engine implemented
in Logic Pro 8.1 on OS 10.9 (Lion) to run such a vsti...
...I don't think so!
Not trying to flame Apple and Logic with their computer-crashing updates,
no really I don't!
Logic 5.5.1 on PC and Pro Tools 5.1 on OS 9.2.2: couldn't be happier.
Wanna bet:"Oh..seems that them 'old-skool' softs are more stable after all..."
In the "Logic sucks-the rant post" I read somewhere that Pharrell Williams
is still doing his sequencing with a Korg 01/W; now that's hardcore!
The good man doesn't give a sh*t, nor has the time and is probably
a slacker for being up to date constantly; I love that guy!
dfegad on you, Emagic!
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Nut

yep, i love it.

ive tried SX3 and while its pretty good, i like all the logic plugs and how efficient they are on my aging 2200XP AMD.
Im going to hold out for as long as possible until i switch, which will probably be to a mac, i love logic and the exs24 too much.
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

At the time of the Apple thing I began looking around, It took a while but have settled on Nuendo. I have found everything I needed and missed from LAWP 5.5 and found alternatives for the instruments.

the main big deal was when I found the Kontact could open and use my rather large EXS library without converting.

The plugs are still awesome in LAPW and im still partial to the Tape Delay (when it works properly)

but as far as audio editing, midi editing and work flow I am much happier in Nintendo. And indeed when I go back to open and work in old LAWP sessions I really notice how far behind it has fallen. In particular the lack of the selection edit across tracks, clip based volume (as opposed to volume automation) and the faster than real-time rendering.

but overall nothing but great memories and great sounds made in LAWP.
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Nut

i love 5.3

i love 5.3 - I use it every day

should i upgrade to 5.5 - can I upgrade any more?

can anyone tell me what's in 5.5 that's not in 5.3 - there's a text file in the logic folder that will tell you this

thanks
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubaloo
i love 5.3 - I use it every day

should i upgrade to 5.5 - can I upgrade any more?

can anyone tell me what's in 5.5 that's not in 5.3 - there's a text file in the logic folder that will tell you this

thanks
5.3 to 5.5 is free update, download here: http://www.emagic.de/support/download/index.php?lang=EN

Update info here: http://www.emagic.de/support/download/lainfo5e.html

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search