The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Question for Giga Studio 3 owners
Old 18th July 2005
Question for Giga Studio 3 owners

How is it working with Cubase and Logic? I went to the Tascam web site and found pages of updates and improvements bringing us to version 3.10. Powercore and UAD plug ins are suppose to work now which was needed. I was thinking about getting Halion, but with the upgrade cost for Giga 3 from 2.5, you get so much more sampled orchestra sounds compared to the cost of Halion alone.

Do I still have to uninstall 2.5 for 3.10 to work?
Old 19th July 2005
Gear Addict

you must uninstall 2.5 ,and yeap its worth it if you're into big libraries .
Giga 3 can play bigger projects,more polyphony and it sounds better somehow .Ofcourse dedicated machine for giga is best solution ,but it can work with seqencer on one machine if you're carefull and you're not overloading it .If you're into synth/sampler editing ,filters/effects then Kontakt2 or smth is still better solution.If you're into huge string,piano,drum libraries with not much editing of sounds Giga is damn powerfull .

enjoy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search