The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
powerlogix cpu upgrades?
Old 11th April 2003
Lives for gear

powerlogix cpu upgrades?

thought i'd toss this out as a new thread.

i have a g4 dual 533. currently os 9, going to osx soon now that DP is out. all my main apps are osx ready now, except for waveburner and soundiver (come on now emagic - yer freakin owned by apple).

ever since i put on the dual lcd's the computer has seemed much slower to me. dual crt's didn't do this ??????

therefore i am considering the powerlogix upgrades. the make dual g4 upgrades for a half to a third of the cost of a new machine. up to 1.2 ghz dual processor drop in replacement cpu's. looks kinda cool. xlr8yourmac seemed to report some users were having heat related issues.

i presume osx would recognize this as if my machine came at that speed from apple. i'll get a next generation mac when they are available, maybe when the second generation of the new ones is out. in the meantime, i would be into giving my mac a little extra life via some beefier cpu's. i'd love any real world comments. the fact that i saw a few heat complaints might not be representative of the product, just some isolated problems. for all i know hundreds of folks are running them just fine.

i'd love any comments, or links to other reviews, of the higher end powerlogix cpu upgrades. a dual gig is the least i'd get, and i'd rather get the dual 1.2 gig. any comments or experiences people could chime in with, or other recomendations?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear