The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lexicon Lxp-1 Unbalanced / Balanced leads
Old 14th July 2005
Lives for gear

Lexicon Lxp-1 Unbalanced / Balanced leads

I have just purchased a second hand Laxicon Lxp-1 which is my first external processor. I have a soundcard with 8 ins & 8 outs (balanced).
The Lxp-1 is unbalanced. All inputs/outputs are jack leads

What is the difference in unbalanced & balanced and are there unbalanced/balanced leads, or does this just mean stereo or mono jack leads.

When I pass my guitar into one input on the Lxp-1 I then pass the signal from the two lex. outputs to two mono inputs on my soundcard and create a stereo audio track - no problems, levels seem fine. But when I send out a stereo track (Cubase) from two mono jack outputs on my sound card, process with reverb and back into a stereo track in Cubase the left channel gives a much higher value than the right. The right is not processing so much?

I hope I have explained this clearly enough?

Can any one explain these things as I am not sure if there is a problem with the unit.

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search