The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help With ProTools Le and DIgiMax!!
Old 11th July 2005
Help With ProTools Le and DIgiMax!!

I am new to pro tools and i recently got PTLE and a Presonus DigiMax. I have got it to work before. But i think i messed something up when i was messing around with the sample rate settings. When i open a session it will only let me use 2 tracks of the DIgimax. I know if you want to run 88.2k or 96k you can only use 2 tracks, but 44.1k is slected on the digimax. So im unsure of what it could be. If anyone can help that would be great. I need all 8 pres working not just 2. Thanks!!
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Addict

In Pro Tools make sure that you have the optical port set to ADAT and not S/PDIF -- set RCA = S/PDIF

Rail
Old 11th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Jon Rogut
In Pro Tools make sure that you have the optical port set to ADAT and not S/PDIF -- set RCA = S/PDIF

Rail
\

I'm sorry, but i'm new to pro tools. How would you do that. I'm pretty sure i know how to but it is still not working so i want to make sure im doing it right.
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Under Setup, go into Hardware Setup, and check the Digital Input that it is set as Rail recommended. Also, make sure your clock source is set to ADAT, I'm assuming you're not using a master clock.

This is not the DigimaxLT correct? I know that one doesn't exceed 48k sample rates.

Dante
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

I thought i read a post about the 002(R) not being able to do higher than 48k on the ADAT inputs....However, i COULD be wrong

rock

sdf
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley
I thought i read a post about the 002(R) not being able to do higher than 48k on the ADAT inputs....However, i COULD be wrong
sdf
I haven't heard that, but it would be very disappointing if that is the case.

Dante
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley

rock

sdf
true. Although with a Rosetta 800, I hadn't missed the higher sampling rates.

Also, make sure that when you set up a session, you're setting it up for 44.1. If you don't remember and you have a session open, you can check; go to the 'Windows' pull down menu and select 'Session Setup'.
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
true.
This was the hardest misconception about the 002 I tried to dispel to prospective buyers when I worked for a Digi dealer. Folks just assumed that since you could record at 88.1/96k via the 002's converters, they could use the same SR with the Lightpipe input. WRONG!!! This was especially important for people who want to track more than 8-10 channels at a time and thought they could use the Lightpipe interface at the higher SRs.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search