The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mach 5 V2
Old 8th July 2005
no ssl yet 
Mach 5 V2

http://www.motu.com/newsitems/atnews...-31.6218059837

Man u guys are slipping No thoughts on this one? I may use my second mac as a dedicated sampler to run this since it will run as a stand alone. I'm thinking this may be the bomb. Hopefully the Mac answer to Gigasampler
Old 8th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I'm getting a little sick of waiting for this......it was supposed to come out early 2005....what happened? I currently use Machfive on my G5 and its cool but I've had a lot of issues with compatibility with some of the libraries out there. First of all a majority of sounds out there don't support the Machfive. EXS24, Kontact, Giga, cool....Machfive....no support! When you use the more complex programs like the VSL or Sonic Implants stuff which has key switches, release samples, velocity switches or any other type of performance tools for expression, none of that works in the Machfive. All you get is basic samples assigned to keygroups and if anything velocity switching. The strength in a lot of the better libraries rest in the expression the programs offer through different tools....and when you use Machfive you lose most of it. I'm ready to switch to Kontact or the EXS.
Old 14th January 2007
is V2 dead?
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
http://www.motu.com/newsitems/atnews...-31.6218059837

Man u guys are slipping No thoughts on this one? I may use my second mac as a dedicated sampler to run this since it will run as a stand alone. I'm thinking this may be the bomb. Hopefully the Mac answer to Gigasampler
Either you missed the fact that this was a namm 2005 announcement or you enjoy inflicting pain and suffering on us early Mach 5 adopters.

Cruel cruel.
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Kontakt 2 was my answer - all my M5 programs/samples easily ported over, as well as all my library discs, no matter the format.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search