The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
set-up for live performance....
Old 8th July 2005
Gear Head

set-up for live performance....

hello

does anyone have experience with performing live while the drummer is playing allong to a sequencer and a click ?
and what sequencer is good to use for that, i wiil running the sequencer on a powerbook g4

thanks

gilson
Old 9th July 2005
Gear Nut

Most people I know including myself use DP.
Live is another alternative, which seems to work well for many.
Old 9th July 2005
Gear Addict

You should definitely check out www.ableton.com and download a demo of Live 4. Its a performance based non linear seqeuncer. Its really easy to set up clips and assign controlers to do all sorts of things, you could even sync Live to the drummer if you bought one of the sync boxes from www.redsound.com. The box you would need is the Voyager or the microsync.

I havent synced Live to a drummer with one of those boxes, but I have a Voyager 1 and have synced Live to turntables without to much problems.
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

i use DP4. i do two mixes one has audio only the other has audio plus click. we balance the click to where the drummer likes it and send it to him. the house gets the first mix wich is fed to the stage monitors as well if needed. sense we do two mixes before hand we dont need a faster hard drive to play back the 4 channels plus a click and any midi. works like a charm. ive also found that its easiest to let the drummer control the laptop.
Old 12th July 2005
Gear Head

thanks guys, i wiil look into the possibilitys you all ahve mentioned

if i run into more questions i'll post some

thanks again

gilson

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search